Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springfield 911

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Springfield 911

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Congrats on the new 911. Any particular reason you need to manually cock the hammer back? The hammer is heavy on my P938, but it's a single action, so I just rack the slide.
    I only have one hand, so it's easier to just thumb the hammer back. Racking the slide would definitely make more sense for 2-handed folk.

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    I only have one hand, so it's easier to just thumb the hammer back. Racking the slide would definitely make more sense for 2-handed folk.
    Well color me embarrassed. Sorry for the assumption.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Well color me embarrassed. Sorry for the assumption.
    Haha, no worries.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Anyone know anything about or own a Springfield 911. Seems like a sig p238 knock off. I’m thinking about the .380. I’ve seen them going for $299 and am thinking about grabbing one the next time I see one at that price. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Troll
    They are all colt mustang knock offs. They are all good guns. They sell cheaper on the secondary market. Not too many people shoot the hell out of them.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Northampton County)

Well, I got the 911 out to the range and it was a mostly positive experience. I had one failure to feed in the first 100rds of Magtech 95gr ball, perfect functionality with Corbon 90gr JHP, perfect functionality with Underwood 90gr BJHP, but it really didn't like PerFecta 95gr ball. With the Perfecta ammo I was experiencing failures to feed about 10% of the time.

The highlight of the 911 was definitely accuracy. With 7+1 on tap, I was consistently grouping 8 rounds into 3-4" at 10 yards, standing, one-handed, in the rain. For such a little gun, I was surprised that I was able to comfortably run 300 rounds through it in such a short amount of time.

The failure to feed issues are a little concerning, but overall I REALLY like the little guy. Hopefully the feed issues will iron out over time.

I picked it up yesterday and initial impressions are good. I got the PG9109S model and it's one handsome little pistol. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and run a few hundred mixed rounds through it. So far the only things I found a little annoying are how hard it is to cock the hammer back and that the feeling of the safety changes between the gun being cocked and uncocked. With the gun uncocked, the safety is extremely crisp and positive. With the gun cocked, the safety becomes a bit mushy. That said, I'm really nitpicking here. The hammer pull isn't THAT hard and the safety is by no means bad. The biggest positive to jump out at me were those sights, this is the first pistol that I'm going to keep the factory sights on. Range review to come . . .

Well, I got the 911 out to the range and it was a mostly positive experience. I had one failure to feed in the first 100rds of Magtech 95gr ball, perfect functionality with Corbon 90gr JHP, perfect functionality with Underwood 90gr BJHP, but it really didn't like PerFecta 95gr ball. With the Perfecta ammo I was experiencing failures to feed about 10% of the time.

The highlight of the 911 was definitely accuracy. With 7+1 on tap, I was consistently grouping 8 rounds into 3-4" at 10 yards, standing, one-handed, in the rain. For such a little gun, I was surprised that I was able to comfortably run 300 rounds through it in such a short amount of time.

The failure to feed issues are a little concerning, but overall I REALLY like the little guy. Hopefully the feed issues will iron out over time.
    Thanks for the report. Hopefully I will give my take in the next week or so.

(Lancaster County)

bought one about 3 weeks ago put about a hundred rounds through it no problems
    nice little gun. thinking about getting it in 9mm if i can find one

Not a single model with wooden grips????
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12