Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: SWPA - Special State Senator election - get out the vote next Tues, 4/2 for Raja!

I just posted and it disappeared... Oh well.

I'm seeing a lot of posts around the web saying he's a bad candidate with a bad message and that's why we lost. That was the excuse for lamb winning in a red district as well.

If this is true, how do we fix the pa gop's messaging? I'm not sure we can rely on Trump power to drag our guys over the finish line in 2020.

Default Re: SWPA - Special State Senator election - get out the vote next Tues, 4/2 for Raja!

Red as in Republican ? Peters went 63-37 for Raja, Allegheny County 53-46 where about 90% of the votes came from. 52-48 was final margin. Peters is the only Washington County district that votes in the 37th. Problem is we needed about 2,600 more votes. 64,000 approx. total votes cast.

ALLEGHENY
    IOVINO, PAM
    (DEM)
    53.57%
    Votes: 31,152
    RAJA, D
    (REP)
    46.43%
    Votes: 26,999 Back to Top
    WASHINGTON
    IOVINO, PAM
    (DEM)
    36.58%
    Votes: 2,158
    RAJA, D
    (REP)
    63.42%
    Votes: 3,742
    Last edited by rangeofficer; April 3rd, 2019 at 01:09 AM.

(Bucks County)

95% of gunowners don’t belong to a pro gun organization. 95% !!!!!
    And we expect them to vote??

Suicide by complacency
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Okay, this is done and over. Now we have 2more special elections for the state senate and we must absolutely win those.... Does anyone have insider information regarding what those areas are like and how they vote? Is there a get out to vote effort? If we lose these final 2 seats we will only be up "1".... U less there's several pro gun democrats in the senate.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    I just posted and it disappeared... Oh well.

I'm seeing a lot of posts around the web saying he's a bad candidate with a bad message and that's why we lost. That was the excuse for lamb winning in a red district as well.

If this is true, how do we fix the pa gop's messaging? I'm not sure we can rely on Trump power to drag our guys over the finish line in 2020.
    Perfect candidates don’t exist, the worst GOP candidate is still better than any communist candidate. Their idiots show up, they have zero knowledge of what they were voting for but they show up!!!
    Last edited by PocketProtector; April 3rd, 2019 at 09:37 AM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Okay, this is done and over. Now we have 2more special elections for the state senate and we must absolutely win those.... Does anyone have insider information regarding what those areas are like and how they vote? Is there a get out to vote effort? If we lose these final 2 seats we will only be up "1".... U less there's several pro gun democrats in the senate.
    No insider info, but this is what i've found:

District 41: election is May 21st 2019
    Won by Don White (R) 68-27 (third party took the rest) in 2016
    2019 R candidate: ???
    2019 D candidate: Susan Boser

District 33: election is May 21st 2019
    Won by Richard Alloway (R) unopposed in 2016
    Won by Richard Alloway (R) 70-30 in 2012
    2019 R candidate: ???
    2019 D candidate: Sarah Hammond

I hope to God the PA GOP is not letting the Ds run unopposed in both of these, but I can't find who the R candidates are. These SHOULD be safe R victories.

ETA: The dems are running women again in both of these races. Don't know if that's coincidence or intentional strategy on their part.
    Last edited by ar15_shooter; April 3rd, 2019 at 09:41 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Perfect candidates don’t exist, the worst GOP candidate is still better than any communist candidate. They’re idiots show up, they have zero knowledge of what they were voting for but they show up!!!
    I'm not asking for a perfect candidate; just trying to do some dissection to figure out why we are losing these special elections. I don't buy that it can all just be brushed off as "bad candidate", and if it can, why do bad candidates keep getting nominated?

Our state senate majority went from huge in 2018 (pre-election) to razor thin. Time to pay attention.

ETA: I think the Ds are running fake "moderate" candidates on purpose (we know they are not really, and will vote with the party 95+% of the time, but they sell it well), and that message resonates in PA. How do we combat that?
    Last edited by ar15_shooter; April 3rd, 2019 at 09:44 AM.

My brief research indicates she benefited from Conor Lamb’s campaign network as well as running as a moderate. Her veteran status probably helped in that effort. The suburbs in general are getting more blue.

(Bucks County)

The PA Republican Party is incompetent at best.

They only promote RINOs that will appeal to the independent voter, not actual constitutional conservatives.

This is why we end up with POS like Shitzcrackdick, and why we can't win the Governorship when they do nothing to promote or help the candidates that don't suck donkey balls.

(Allegheny County)

Shit I offered to run against Fontana just so he might have to actually spend some money instead of running unopposed for the 40th time in a row. Never heard a word back from the local republicans. They're freaking worthless.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast