Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default I need a glocksmith

I've got a p80/g19 that so far has been surprisingly free of issues through the first 300 or so rounds. Had it out last weekend and was happily blasting away.
    Just took it down for cleaning, and noticed some metal deformation going on the lower rails of the barrel where they contact the locking block.

The slide and barrel are from the same manufacturer, the lower parts are all factory (except the frame and block/rails, obviously). The gun has run fine but the wear is concerning. Any help/advice/direction appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/3NuE4WT

https://imgur.com/ALpPzBz
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Default Re: I need a glocksmith

It's helpful to include all parts used. People say OEM, but if you say you bought a LPK from Lone Wolf, they are known to include gen 4 parts. The more information you provide, the easier it will be figure out the cause.

(Lancaster County)

Who made the slide and barrel?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    It's helpful to include all parts used. People say OEM, but if you say you bought a LPK from Lone Wolf, they are known to include gen 4 parts. The more information you provide, the easier it will be figure out the cause.
    The lower parts were purchased from brownells as a kit for gen 3 compacts. The only exception is a full size trigger (17 size) for the flat face.

I was told on another forum that it's not a totally uncommon issue with "match" barrels, and they're made to tighter tolerances and will have to wear into the platform if they are fitted. Just had it out again yesterday and ran another 100 through it, no cycling issues. Doesn't look like the wear got any worse.

Might try throwing a heavier recoil spring in to see how it runs, maybe the vented slide lost enough mass that it's coming back harder than it should be.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Who made the slide and barrel?
    A company out by you actually, Thompson Leh. And this isn't necessarily a knock on them, it might be just more of a feature than a bug. Poly80s are glock compatible, but they're not really glocks. I wouldn't hold a minor fitment issue against them, and from what I've heard elsewhere this does seem minor after all.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    A company out by you actually, Thompson Leh. And this isn't necessarily a knock on them, it might be just more of a feature than a bug. Poly80s are glock compatible, but they're not really glocks. I wouldn't hold a minor fitment issue against them, and from what I've heard elsewhere this does seem minor after all.
    I've heard of them like their slides most likely you hit the nail on the head there's probably some fitting that needs to be done and minor filing.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    I've heard of them like their slides most likely you hit the nail on the head there's probably some fitting that needs to be done and minor filing.
    Yep, they might be drop-in for glock™, but not necessarily for p80 builds. I'm going to go ahead and say it has fit itself at this point though hah. Might smooth it out if I feel inspired but it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse.

I do really like their slide too. Well made, well coated, and extremely well priced compared to the competition.