Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Pittburgh City Council meeting...again

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    How can they vote to break state law? Are there no consequences?

Not today.... but this isn't over yet.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto on Thursday said he is looking forward to a promised legal battle over the city’s proposed gun ban and plans to immediately sign the regulations into law once City Council approves them.

Addressing the legislation for the first time in weeks, the mayor repeated a promise that the legal defense would cost taxpayers nothing. He said he has received commitments from a “team of attorneys both locally and nationally” to help the city fend off lawsuits and criminal complaints that Second Amendment advocates have vowed to file following passage of the bills.

“Once council makes that final decision, I anticipate signing those documents within one week,” Peduto said. “I realize that there will be those that will challenge this legally. We have been provided pro bono legal assistance. There will be no cost to taxpayers for that challenge, and we look forward to it.”

Challenge accepted, you elitist piece of shit.

(Bucks County)

"We believe not only is that law unconstitutional, it is un-American and un-Pennsylvanian."
    Just more evidence of the psychological projection of libtards.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Peduto said the state Legislature “tied our hands behind our backs” in passing a law that banned municipalities from enacting gun regulations under penalty of possible criminal charges. He said elected officials are protected with legislative immunity from facing charges.

“We believe not only is that law unconstitutional, it is un-American and un-Pennsyvanian,” he said.

He acknowledged a Second Amendment right to bear arms, but said residents of dense urban settings like Pittsburgh also have a constitutional right to tranquility. Use of assault rifles violate that right, he said.

“We have to be able to recognize that one person’s constitutional rights shouldn’t trample another person’s constitutional rights,” he said. “We’re not doing this as simply an exercise of trying to drum up support throughout the state, although that is part of the intent. What we’re doing is challenging the legality of the present rules and saying that there is a difference between law and justice. When we challenge laws for being unjust that’s how laws get changed.”

The whole point of pre-emption is to prevent foolish laws from being passed. Military pattern firearm rifles are rarely used in crime.

If the people of Pennsylvania wanted a ban on ugly guns we would have one, as they do in California, New Jersey, Connecticut and other places. No ban exists here because there is no political will to do it. Most people do not see them as a problem.

If Bill is really worried about street crime he should be focusing on handguns.... but he'd be running afoul of those of us who defend ourselves with such items. We would not stand for it because most uses of firearms are by law abiding people in self defense.

Could someone please explain where Mayor Potato sees this magical right to tranquility? What a load of horse sh!t.

SHALL. NOT. BE. QUESTIONED.
    I am not a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Could someone please explain where Mayor Potato sees this magical right to tranquility? What a load of horse sh!t.

SHALL. NOT. BE. QUESTIONED.

I don't know what he is talking about..... My neighbor across the street and the one to the left of me have way more then ten semiautomatic rifles, who knows how many are in my neighborhood and so does almost everyone at my work, all my friends and most of my family including me have them, been that way all my life... It's very tranquil around here...
    Last edited by :-); March 28th, 2019 at 09:57 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    If they voted to castrate all southpaws, would they be immune?
    I don't know honestly. Some communist agitator over on reddit always brings up legislative immunity when the Pittsburgh gun ban comes up. From my understanding that covers legislators when discussing a bill that might violate existing law. I'm just not sure it covers them AFTER the law is passed. Obviously in a sane and just society we wouldn't have legislators proposing laws that violate a man's god given rights in the first place, but here we are.

Also - fuck Peduto. Tyranny with a Santa Claus beard.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    The whole point of pre-emption is to prevent foolish laws from being passed. Military pattern firearm rifles are rarely used in crime.

If the people of Pennsylvania wanted a ban on ugly guns we would have one, as they do in California, New Jersey, Connecticut and other places. No ban exists here because there is no political will to do it. Most people do not see them as a problem.

If Bill is really worried about street crime he should be focusing on handguns.... but he'd be running afoul of those of us who defend ourselves with such items. We would not stand for it because most uses of firearms are by law abiding people in self defense.
    More Specifically, would the Dishonerable Mayor and his Council of Traitors be equally supportive of a small rural town banning same sex marriage as it violates the cities "Moral and religious" standards and Freedoms? I'd really like someone to ask that question of city council and get it on record.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    More Specifically, would the Dishonerable Mayor and his Council of Traitors be equally supportive of a small rural town banning same sex marriage as it violates the cities "Moral and religious" standards and Freedoms? I'd really like someone to ask that question of city council and get it on record.
    Since they're so concerned with saving lives, I think that abortion would be a better example to use.

(Allegheny County)

Any chance I can get a group of people to join me on Wednesday?

I know Darlene voted no, but this is a good time to get to their ears in a smaller setting

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast