Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Glock Wizzards near Pittsburgh - P80 issues - Please help - Wife said I'm Dumb.

check the spacing where you had to remove the material in the guide rod area that was what helped mine I had the same issue you may need to file it out by hand slightly as it my be catching the guide rod spring somewhere along the way and not letting it fully go back in place (might be hanging on the plastic lip somewhere on the return). it's a finicky little area don't want to take off too much but good rule of thumb is to have the locking block installed as your guide try to get it as flush as possible and finish with a little bit of fine sandpaper to round the edges slightly on the front edge. the bottom middle round area looks like you may have just a little too much material.

Also as others mentioned g19 and g26 guide rods are not interchangeable g26 works for gen 1-4, g19 has a gen 1-3 then one for the 4 (which now mimics in look and design of the 26) not sure if the gen 5 19 changed the design as i don't have any gen 5 glocks.

oh and nice looking 26 I was toying with the idea of going some sort of reflex sight on my 26 build but with a vortex venom , Have an RMR on my poly 80 19 based on your pictures I can see you and I have the same issue can't stop building these things ha.

Default Re: Glock Wizzards near Pittsburgh - P80 issues - Please help - Wife said I'm Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    check the spacing where you had to remove the material in the guide rod area that was what helped mine I had the same issue you may need to file it out by hand slightly as it my be catching the guide rod spring somewhere along the way and not letting it fully go back in place (might be hanging on the plastic lip somewhere on the return). it's a finicky little area don't want to take off too much but good rule of thumb is to have the locking block installed as your guide try to get it as flush as possible and finish with a little bit of fine sandpaper to round the edges slightly on the front edge. the bottom middle round area looks like you may have just a little too much material.

Also as others mentioned g19 and g26 guide rods are not interchangeable g26 works for gen 1-4, g19 has a gen 1-3 then one for the 4 (which now mimics in look and design of the 26) not sure if the gen 5 19 changed the design as i don't have any gen 5 glocks.

oh and nice looking 26 I was toying with the idea of going some sort of reflex sight on my 26 build but with a vortex venom , Have an RMR on my poly 80 19 based on your pictures I can see you and I have the same issue can't stop building these things ha.
    I have an oem g19g4 that i just sent off to battle werkz for rmr milling. I did my own stippling but otherwise stock. that's my edc, can't wait to get the rmr on it. I took the rmr from the green one for the oem 19 and bought my wife a holosun reddot. She's not likely to carry so more of a range gun.

I've talked to all the vendors on the g26 build and the concensus is due to using the 19 barrel and the glockmeister guiderod, if it functions correctly, it's ok that it's poking out a bit due to different mfg tolorences. I ordered an oem guide rod to see if that sorts that out. I'm going to look for a 26 barrel too.

Plan to work on my wife's gun tonight and hopefully get to the range this week. Thanks all for the imput!~

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
    I have an oem g19g4 that i just sent off to battle werkz for rmr milling. I did my own stippling but otherwise stock. that's my edc, can't wait to get the rmr on it. I took the rmr from the green one for the oem 19 and bought my wife a holosun reddot. She's not likely to carry so more of a range gun.

I've talked to all the vendors on the g26 build and the concensus is due to using the 19 barrel and the glockmeister guiderod, if it functions correctly, it's ok that it's poking out a bit due to different mfg tolorences. I ordered an oem guide rod to see if that sorts that out. I'm going to look for a 26 barrel too.

Plan to work on my wife's gun tonight and hopefully get to the range this week. Thanks all for the imput!~
    http://www.combatarmory.com/combat-a...-grade-barrel/

54.99 less 15% with code take15

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca...aded-unbranded

$39.99 bear creek arsenal barrel in stainless (they also have black in stock same price.)

Want to go threaded and higher quality ...(my choice for the 26 and what I plan on running in mine.) just wait for a 10% off coupon.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/stormla...d-protect.html

Your wife is correct, you are dumb. I posted about BattleWerx messing up my OEM G21 slide and you still sent them your slide.

When you say you bought an OEM lpk/slide parts kits...did you buy the Lone Wolf kits because they are known to throw in some Gen4 parts. I bought my OEM gen3 LPK/slide kits from MidwayUSA as LW is sketchy with their parts kits.

I think the Lone Wolf parts are part of your issue.

I don't know if you polished the rear rail module...I do this with every P80 kit I've put together.

I just think you need to clean up your guide rod channel on both frames. If your guide rod has been damaged and only have 500 rounds, that is a good indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Your wife is correct, you are dumb. I posted about BattleWerx messing up my OEM G21 slide and you still sent them your slide.

When you say you bought an OEM lpk/slide parts kits...did you buy the Lone Wolf kits because they are known to throw in some Gen4 parts. I bought my OEM gen3 LPK/slide kits from MidwayUSA as LW is sketchy with their parts kits.

I think the Lone Wolf parts are part of your issue.

I don't know if you polished the rear rail module...I do this with every P80 kit I've put together.

I just think you need to clean up your guide rod channel on both frames. If your guide rod has been damaged and only have 500 rounds, that is a good indicator.
    Wow, i just read your post. That stinks! Did you ever get things sorted with them? From my research, they had stellar reviews and then a bunch of shvtty ones while they were moving. Wonder if your guns got caught up in the mess while they moved.

I did buy the LW parts kits though everything I read said that gen3/gen4 parts are (at least these parts) are interchangeable. Looks like there was only a small modification to the trigger bar.

Guide rod channels have been cleaned up.

(Montgomery County)

Don't feel bad, my girlfriend says I'm dumb all the time...
    And she's right... :0
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123