Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Thumbs down New Jersey sues 'ghost gun' dealer for selling AR-15 assembly kits

New Jersey on Friday filed a lawsuit against a California retailer that sold so-called ghost guns, or assembly kits for untraceable AR-15 rifles.

The lawsuit, filed in Superior Court against U.S. Patriot Armory, comes after Gov. Phil Murphy (D) criminalized the purchase of firearm parts with the goal of assembling a gun without a serial number, news site NJ.com reported.

U.S. Patriot Armory and its owner, James Tromblee Jr., are accused of selling the "ghost guns," which officials say bypass loopholes in state and federal firearm laws by selling "80 percent builds" with instructions for how to complete the rest.

The guns can be sold online and shipped through the mail without background checks because the nearly-completed guns are not capable of firing, the newspaper noted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...embly-kits?amp

Default Re: New Jersey sues 'ghost gun' dealer for selling AR-15 assembly kits

"A firearms expert with the state police was able to assemble and fire the AR-15 after the assembly kit arrived last week, the newspaper reported."

Why would they use a "firearms expert" to prove that these are "nearly complete"? Shouldn't they use some girl from the steno pool, or someone who has not completed one of those "police training courses" that make those folks experts who can be trusted with guns that should be denied to us?

Show me some Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez completing an 80% receiver using a Dremel and a hand drill, without personal instruction from a firearms expert, and I'll think about accepting their claims.

ATF does the same thing when determining if some parts assembly is "readily restorable" when the attempt is made by an ATF armorer using a fully-equipped machine shop, decades of experience, and bins of extra parts. I recall that ATF's armorers got an upper to fire by manufacturing a bench assembly to function like a lower receiver, then added some extra parts, and got it to fire, so they could declare the upper a "firearm" all by itself; except that the bench assembly they built was the "lower". They proved that by adding a "collection of parts designed to make a firearm operate like a machinegun" they could make an upper operate like a machinegun; except that the collection of parts itself met the definition of a machinegun. So they added a machinegun to some parts and made a machinegun. And we pay them to do this.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Has anyone seen pics of the supposed lowers? I'm still dubious that a couple drug dealers are machining lowers.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    "A firearms expert with the state police was able to assemble and fire the AR-15 after the assembly kit arrived last week, the newspaper reported."

Why would they use a "firearms expert" to prove that these are "nearly complete"? Shouldn't they use some girl from the steno pool, or someone who has not completed one of those "police training courses" that make those folks experts who can be trusted with guns that should be denied to us?

Show me some Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez completing an 80% receiver using a Dremel and a hand drill, without personal instruction from a firearms expert, and I'll think about accepting their claims.

ATF does the same thing when determining if some parts assembly is "readily restorable" when the attempt is made by an ATF armorer using a fully-equipped machine shop, decades of experience, and bins of extra parts. I recall that ATF's armorers got an upper to fire by manufacturing a bench assembly to function like a lower receiver, then added some extra parts, and got it to fire, so they could declare the upper a "firearm" all by itself; except that the bench assembly they built was the "lower". They proved that by adding a "collection of parts designed to make a firearm operate like a machinegun" they could make an upper operate like a machinegun; except that the collection of parts itself met the definition of a machinegun. So they added a machinegun to some parts and made a machinegun. And we pay them to do this.
    It sounds like my dream job. Where do I apply?
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(York County)

," which officials say bypass loopholes in state and federal firearm laws by selling "80 percent builds"
    So this is a “loophole loophole”? Damn, those anti-rights communists in the PRNJ are getting creative!

Now maybe they can use that creativity for something positive, and reduce crime and taxes in that s#%t-hole of a state.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

If I build a 0% lower from a block of aluminum and buy all the parts to build an AR15, is this a loophole?
    I thought it was my constitutional right...

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    If I build a 0% lower from a block of aluminum and buy all the parts to build an AR15, is this a loophole?
    Anything that takes power away from the government is a loophole. Guns, driving, raw milk, walking down the street, the topic doesn't matter. You didn't get permission from the king, or his governors, therefore you exploited a loophole.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post

You can built a lower from a loaf of bread, as long as the bread hasn't been sliced, and you are not marketing it.

Since N.J.(?) allows a new resident to bring firearms into the state (what is legal in the state), one should be able to create their very own 'bread' lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Shouldn't they use some girl from the steno pool
    Boy, you're really lookin fer trouble, ain'tcha!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Phil is exactly on point. An 80% lower can not be readily assembled into a firearm and is not a gun. They're reaching to see what they can get, which is not to be dismissed. If states can outlaw magazines by capacity, the can likely outlaw 80% lowers, or anything else they wish, like sugary drinks or high fat foods.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast