Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking for PA State Police Firearms

I am new on here, so if this is not the right place to post this I apologize and mean no disrespect to the forums. My father was a PSP trooper for 28 years. He recently passed in August. I am putting together a collection of firearms he would have had while on the Job. Unfortunately he didn't purchase his when he had the chance. I am down to two. .38 Colt Official police which he would have been issued when he came on in '67. The other is the .40 cal Beretta in the Robar NP3 finish. This one would have the stamped PSP logo. I would like the official police to have been carried by PSP but understand that may be difficult to prove unless I can send serial number to colt for history. Colt archive said they can't trace in reverse, meaning they can't give me the list of serial numbers issued to PSP.
    Anyway.. if anyone come across any or know of any just ask that you keep an eye out. Thanks!

(Elk County)

Default Re: Looking for PA State Police Firearms

You'll need a Ruger Security Six, too. It was issued after the Colt and before the Beretta.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Thanks. I have the security six. I also have the .40 in the Brigadier which they went to after the robar finish. Then to the glock 37 GAP , glock 21, now Sig 227. He retired before those however. Might want to keep the collection going of PSP firearms but not as important as the other two for now.

(Beaver County)

Big Buck in Wexford ,Pa had a 45 Gap PSP marked awhile back. Dont know if its still there though.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Centre County)

You might have to go on the different forums, Colt, Beretta, Glock, SIG and as members there where you might find them. Also, Gunbroker, Guns Internations, Guns America, I will say Armslist but be very, very careful (in a Fudd voice) because of the scammers.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Search gunbroker.com

(Berks County)

I have a psp commemorative S&W 19 and its not the only one I've seen for sale. No, not selling, love the old smiths too much.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Perry County)

Keep an eye on Gunbroker, they come up regularly. If I see one pop up, I'll post it here.

I started in 1992 and retired in 2011. I got rid of my 96D Berettas and my first gun was the Security Six so the Colt is before my time.

What was your dad's name? If you don't want to post it here, send me a PM. Just wondering if I knew him.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato