Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: School board learns a 20-year active shooter lesson??

I wonder how the experts arrived at a bunch of school students, running chaotically and screaming, will be a plus for responding police to sort out.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I have a dream. I dream that one day, school zones will be posted

WARNING. THIS SCHOOL IS PROTECTED BY ARMED PERSONNEL.
    I had a talk with a school teacher at the gym once and she said she just wants to teach and school is for learning and all the typical libtard bull shit.
    She said she doesn't want that type of responsibility and she doesn't want to have a gun. I said you wouldn't need one because other teachers that want the ability to defend themselves and others will.
    She said, and this is almost word for word, "I would rather no one have or be allowed to own guns... The government needs to do their job, we are entitled as Americans to be protected". I guess this is what she teaches her class...
    Last edited by :-); March 21st, 2019 at 03:43 PM.

(Berks County)

5watt lasers in the eye ever been tried?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I would rather have a bunch of CCW teachers in random places, that are a pretty good shot at the range then nothing at all...
    Most CCW holders have very little training but can put seventeen rounds into a man size target at 20 feet.
    In a very close quarter and chaotic situation like this would be you would need to be more then a good shot and you need to perform under some serious stress and pressure in order to solve that kind of problem and not become apart of it. If the teacher could pass the ECQC training classes then I would be all for it but I personally would rather see one of the many returned combat vet who has been under and performed under the stress of real live fire have that job pending they do not suffer from PTSD.

If I had to vote to arm teachers or not I would because it's better then running around like a bunch of clowns throwing gravel at a gunmen, however I personally would rather see truly trained professionals who are there for one reason and one reason only to stop something like this and nothing else including policing the students and breaking up fights.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yes the schools could hire a couple trained professionals who are already on site. No teachers carrying evil guns and an added level of real protection.
    Lots of Pa. schools hire private armed security. I was working at one such school yesterday.
    Over the course of a few minutes, 3 radio cars rolled up from the local jurisdiction.

They were inside the building quite some time with no explanation to the on site security staff.
    One of the security staff asked them is there was an issue and was told "I hope not".

When they left, they walked right past me and politely said hello.
    No idea what they were investigating and they didn't bother to say.

I was quite clearly armed.

I can see why the fuzz would be mum.
    How could I possibly help? I'm just a dumazz security guard.

As an aside, I looked around today to see if something was up.
    There appears to have been some kind of threat to use firearms.
    Quickly followed up by a statement from school admin- nothing to see here, we took care of it, all is well, etc.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    I do believe throwing things at 2500 ft./s is the answer
    My .45 goes slightly slower than that, but that was my first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Lots of Pa. schools hire private armed security. I was working at one such school yesterday.
    Over the course of a few minutes, 3 radio cars rolled up from the local jurisdiction.

They were inside the building quite some time with no explanation to the on site security staff.
    One of the security staff asked them is there was an issue and was told "I hope not".

When they left, they walked right past me and politely said hello.
    No idea what they were investigating and they didn't bother to say.

I was quite clearly armed.

I can see why the fuzz would be mum.
    How could I possibly help? I'm just a dumazz security guard.

As an aside, I looked around today to see if something was up.
    There appears to have been some kind of threat to use firearms.
    Quickly followed up by a statement from school admin- nothing to see here, we took care of it, all is well, etc.
    My kids schools have 24/7 security as well, several are armed and some are not, they all appear to take their jobs seriously. I spoke to a couple while at basketball practices and games on the weekend.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If I had to vote to arm teachers or not I would because it's better then running around like a bunch of clowns throwing gravel at a gunmen, however I personally would rather see truly trained professionals who are there for one reason and one reason only to stop something like this and nothing else including policing the students and breaking up fights.
    Don't let "perfect" get in the way of "good enough". We have plenty of teachers willing to carry at work (I know more than one personally, one of whom can kick my sorry ass in competition). There are, sadly, not enough people available with 2-way range experience, nor enough money to hire them, for that to be a workable solution at this time.

If the back door gets ripped off the henhouse, are you going to leave the gaping hole there for the foxes until you have the perfectly matched replacement, or are you going to throw a piece of plywood over it until the replacement is ready?

(Bucks County)

I know several people who meet the requirements you mention-and are currently qualified under Pa. statute to be "armed school police officers".
    Some still waiting to be placed in a school. I think it's a question of both politics and money.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

The most effective deterrent to spree shooters in schools would be allowing staff to be armed, if they choose to be armed, and can pass a basic gun safety test from the NRA or local police. Don't make them pass some 80 hour Ninja advanced BS course, just ask them to qualify at the police range, and demonstrate that they understand the basic mechanism of their chosen gun, and the local laws on use of deadly force. If we can't trust them to defend our kids, then why do we already trust them with our kids?

Second most effective would be just TELLING everyone that schools have some armed staff, do some fake news (I bet they have that skill) with interviews of typical 6 footer gym teachers and 5'4" librarians and overweight lunch ladies demonstrating their skill at the range with .45's. Convince the potential murderers that pretty much anyone at the school could be armed.

Deterrents don't require reality, just belief.

The dumbest option would be to hire special armed security details for a few hundred K per year, whose duties would be to stand around for 8 hours a day and do nothing unless their school is the 1 out of 98,000 American schools that gets an armed intruder in a year. That's a nightmare job. Who would work that job for 9 months a year? That's like having a job where your sole duty is to blow a whistle if you see Bigfoot.

Actually, the dumbest option is the one they use now, which is disarming all the victims while providing no security at all. That scheme is DESIGNED to create mass killings in gun-free zones, to provide fodder for more gun control.

Arm the people who are already there, who you're already paying. We aren't ants, with workers and soldiers whose duties never mix. We're human beings, and almost any human being can defend himself and those around him if sufficiently motivated. And allowed.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast