Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Re: School board learns a 20-year active shooter lesson??

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You are allowed to disagree, but it would be helpful if you provided facts and logic in support of that disagreement.
    It's hard to provid facts when there are not many if any current models to go by. I do stand by my previous posts and while I agree that this is a extremely rare occurrence since the facts and stats prove that I would still personally rather see trained security then armed teachers or at least a combination of both. When it comes to my children I don't cut corners and believe as tax payers we deserve better especially since this is such a polarized issue with the left. If they truly want safer schools and gave a shit about the kids they tote around as pawns it would be done plain and simple.

In most schools I can see a complete lack of teacher support and participation due to the responsibility, and I do not believe it should be forced on anyone. In the end there would be people getting paid to stand there, but there are a lot of private companies that do that every day with even lower risk and a lot less at stake. I also see this as having a batter chance of being something that both sides might compromise on before arming the lunch lady and Librarian after they complete their basic NRA course.

I do not believe we need Tier 1 operators from Delta force. Between retired LE many of which are still very young and want a easy side job and the amount of veterans who have returned I think we can fill the positions rather easily. It would be great if either option came to fruition and could be promoted like you said in the media, but you know as well as I do they would demonize and scrutinize it in the end which would just help to grow the lack of support for it.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 21st, 2019 at 05:45 PM.