Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Wha will be banned next?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Binary triggers

18 43.90%
  • Enhanced after market triggers (Timney, Geiselle etc)

5 12.20%
  • Pistol braces

15 36.59%
  • Lower receivers

3 7.32%
  • Unmarked lower receivers

12 29.27%
  • All semi auto pistols that can be bump fired

1 2.44%
  • All semi auto rifles that can be bump fired

2 4.88%
  • All semi auto shotguns that can be bumpfired

1 2.44%
  • All semi autos including 22's

5 12.20%
  • Magazines in capacities greater than 10

14 34.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bumpstock deadline date in 6 days

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    And that is quite different than a poll on what to ban next. Show me the constructive side not the defeatist. Wallowing is not why I come here.

I believe the poll is not what TO ban next but what they will TRY and ban next.

Context matters.

They already have their funding, agenda and goals set on the state and federal level as if they require this thread to get an idea on what's out there and where to start.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 20th, 2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I believe the poll is not what TO ban next but what they will TRY and ban next.

Context matters.

They already have their funding, agenda and goals set on the state and federal level as if they require this thread to get an idea on what's out there and where to start.
    Exactly, thank you! I gotta spread rep.

Despite a fever etc, I thought it was important enough to make a post alerting everyone that hey, this thing is coming to fruition, eyes front. You cant run and hide from this tidal wave of crap, you have to turn and face it. I myself dont own a slidefire, but I dont believe for one minute that they will stop at just that. If this thing goes through, which every indication is that it will, just like the illegal GCA of 1934, we all will have to decide what path we take.
    Last edited by spacemanvic; March 20th, 2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Hold the Line...

Don't worry. Several here will tell us how sacrificing those small things are all part of the 4D chess and those of us that dare criticize his Magesty are just too dumb to see the bigger picture.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

There will never be an end to what they want to take unless and until everything has been taken. It is obvious that the lawless will always be lawless and taking our rights away will never solve the problem or eliminate the evil in the world but they don't seem to get that. I will never stand in line to forfeit anything I have.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    There will never be an end to what they want to take unless and until everything has been taken. It is obvious that the lawless will always be lawless and taking our rights away will never solve the problem or eliminate the evil in the world but they don't seem to get that. I will never stand in line to forfeit anything I have.
    You misunderstand the dynamics of the situation. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with stopping evil. Evil is what is taking your rights away, this time without the guise of law. If anything, those in power have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the law isnt worth the paper it is written on and is malleable to the ebb and flow of their whim. The law only applies to those ruled, not the rulers.
    Hold the Line...

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Stand strong brother. I aint giving up shit either!
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Clinton County)

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    I almost wish I'd have bought one just to not turn it in :/
    Heh heh heh...
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Utah case about the unconstitutionality of the bump stock ban just got shut Down:

Judge again rejects Utah gun enthusiast's attempt to block federal bump stock SALT LAKE CITY — A federal judge has again rejected a Utah gun enthusiast's attempt to block a new rule that bans a gun accessory known as a bump stock in the U.S. starting next Tuesday.

U.S. District Judge Jill Parrish denied Clark Aposhian's request for a preliminary injunction last week, concluding he isn't likely to win the lawsuit he filed against the government on its Aposhian, chairman of the Utah Shooting Sports Council, appealed the ruling to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver and asked Parrish to issue an injunction pending the appeal.

Parrish wrote that he is in effect asking the court to reverse course and grant him the injunction he was denied a week ago merely because he intends to appeal.

"In short, the court’s finding that Mr. Aposhian has not shown a likelihood of success on the merits is as fatal to his request for an injunction pending appeal as it was to his request for a preliminary injunction," the judge wrote.

Aposhian argues in the lawsuit that the Department of Justice and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives violated the Constitution in prohibiting bump stocks, which modify rifles to fire like automatic weapons.

The Trump administration in late December adopted a new federal rule that redefined the devices as "machine guns," therefore banning them under existing law. The rule directs owners to destroy or surrender their bump stocks to the ATF before it takes effect March 26.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.des...-stock-ban.amp
    In effect, the judge ruled that continuing the case is pointless because the decision to ban is already made, suck it up.

Consolidated cases (Codrea, Guedes, FPC) in Washington DC will be argued tomorrow morning at 9:30. Then we are probably done in the courts.
    Last edited by spacemanvic; March 21st, 2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Hold the Line...

Don’t worry guys once they take the bump stocks they will back off with the other 50 anti gun bills that are currently pending and then we can all sleep soundly with our AR’s and AK’s in our arms.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast