Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: NJ criminals skate their state laws, and I'm sure we'll be paying the price

If it means Pennsylvanians have to suffer because of NJ drug dealers then all PA gun shops should join together and just cut anyone from NJ off from any type of sales of firearms, accessories and ammunition.

Default Re: NJ criminals skate their state laws, and I'm sure we'll be paying the price

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If it means Pennsylvanians have to suffer because of NJ drug dealers then all PA gun shops should join together and just cut anyone from NJ off from any type of sales of firearms, accessories and ammunition.
    Agree completely.

In fact if I were an FFL I would never sell anything to someone from MD, NJ, or NY. It's not worth the hassle, the liability, or the anti publicity.
    Big sign on the front door. No shoe, shirts, or resident of NY, NJ, MD......do not enter.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Agree completely.

In fact if I were an FFL I would never sell anything to someone from MD, NJ, or NY. It's not worth the hassle, the liability, or the anti publicity.
    Big sign on the front door. No shoe, shirts, or resident of NY, NJ, MD......do not enter.
    Let wolf propose that. I think a law banning sales to NY,NJ,MD residents trying to buy in PA without restrictions on PA residents might be a bi-partisan bill

Quote Originally Posted by jlb0305 View Post
    Let wolf propose that. I think a law banning sales to NY,NJ,MD residents trying to buy in PA without restrictions on PA residents might be a bi-partisan bill
    Deep down inside I hate to see it and as a former law abiding NJ resident who used to hit all the good gun shows in PA it would have really been shitty, but at a certain point self presentation has to become a factor in this. With a total POS Governors in both states we can’t save NJ but we can draw a line and save PA.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 22nd, 2019 at 12:38 PM.

I wouldn't support a law for such a thing...ever.

As a private business owner I wouldn't allow it for the reasons stated. The fact is they're not our friends, and the few 2A supporters that exist, too bad. Move to Pa.

(Chester County)

Default Re: **UPDATE (KNEW IT)**NJ Criminals skate laws, we'll be paying the price

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I wouldn't support a law for such a thing...ever.

As a private business owner I wouldn't allow it for the reasons stated. The fact is they're not our friends, and the few 2A supporters that exist, too bad. Move to Pa.
    I was going more with hodgies view. No new laws is ideal but at least if something is forced on us let it not apply to NJ residents who are already very oppressed by their electorate.

(Indiana County)

Pass the law and the first federal judge to see it would strike it down without blinking an eye - violation of Equal Protection as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. An ausländer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has just as many rights as a citizen of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and, barring any federal prohibitions, can purchase however many magazines and/or cartridges as he/she/it wants, including 30-, 50- and 100-round magazines.

Flood New Jersey and New York with so-called "high capacity" magazines, it's not Pennsylvania's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Pass the law and the first federal judge to see it would strike it down without blinking an eye - violation of Equal Protection as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. An ausländer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has just as many rights as a citizen of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and, barring any federal prohibitions, can purchase however many magazines and/or cartridges as he/she/it wants, including 30-, 50- and 100-round magazines.

Flood New Jersey and New York with so-called "high capacity" magazines, it's not Pennsylvania's problem.
    we're fast approaching a point where it will be feasible for a small group to literally sprinkle makeshift firearms in hostile territory, in numbers that make it impossible to ban.

we are rapidly approaching a point where an average teenager will be able to print a makeshift weapon with little skill or cost. printers are still a bit crude and expensive.

i recall that some 90% of the drug enforcement cost is going around killing wild roadside hemp/weed. it might be 90% of the cost in certain states or overall but the point is, we could easily start spreading things to an extent that it is impossible for the government to round it all up.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Default Re: **UPDATE (KNEW IT)**NJ Criminals skate laws, we'll be paying the price

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    we could easily start spreading things to an extent that it is impossible for the government to round it all up.
    I suspect we are way beyond that point. With several million as alone in circulation, how would they round them up. Not even talking mags or ammo which is less restricted and owned in greater quantities.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    "By nearly every metric, Pennsylvania and New Jersey have vastly different approaches to guns."

PA has had a handgun sales registry with the PSP for many years. Funny how that rarely gets into the News.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast