This is my first time posting anything on here and wanted to get some advice. In mid January I applied for my license to carry a firearm. I put the application in and paid the fee I did include two references one was in county the other was out of county. I know my in county reference drop the paperwork off at the courthouse, my out of county reference never even got the paperwork And I called the sheriffs office with the correct address when they called me letting me know when the letter got returned. I have never had a criminal charge in my life I don’t even have parking tickets I’m just wondering what the deal is with the sheriff of Wayne County. I have read on here of people getting their permit in 20 minutes after paying the fee, is a who you know kinda of bull. I grant you my references was kind of slim because I’m really kind of a quiet person and I could not use family on the references , I am married with a college education I don’t see the threat I pose. I was thinking of bringing my story to my state representative but I don’t know if It would do any good. Sorry if I’m venting I’m just really starting to hate Wayne County, think of moving once I finish my masters degree.