Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR pistol?

(Blair County)

Default Re: AR pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    gghbi,

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. I’m thinking of using an AR-15 pistol as a truck gun. In most States they are legally “pistols” and OK to transport in a vehicle loaded and uncased. I was wondering if PA law has any tripwires I need to be aware of.
    We do not. You can legally carry your AR pistol with your CCW. Doesnt mean the cops will know that all the time. but it is a pistol.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Thanks guys,
    FWIW I don’t plan on regularly carrying it loaded in the cab while traveling but figured that would be the worst case scenario. It will most probably be unloaded in my luggage or a backpack. My personal rule for travel is that if I’m going more than an hours drive or 100 miles away a rifle goes with me. The AR pistol just makes it easier.
    "18 US code 926a" is what keeps you legal through MD, get familiar with it. Unloaded and in a backpack isn't good enough if it's in the cab with you, it's got to be in a locked container.
    The Hostler

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    "18 US code 926a" is what keeps you legal through MD, get familiar with it. Unloaded and in a backpack isn't good enough if it's in the cab with you, it's got to be in a locked container.
    ...and at least one of the containers is locked.

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Thanks guys!
    I live in WV , but I visit my Mom-in-law in York PA 8 to 10 times a year. Can I get a "Tourist" visa?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12