Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Will not be shopping here

The whole trigger discipline thing is a load of over hyped internet crap. never heard of it till 10 or so years ago. Ive been around shooting and guns my entire life and have never witnessed or heard of an AD or ND due to someone having their finger inside the guard. It was SOP while on patrol, be cognitive of what your doing at all times,ESPECIALLY when you are holding a firearm. If you cant then don't even touch or handle a firearm

Every posed picture taken while I was in the Corps has someone with their finger on the trigger, along with WWII era pics you never saw the straight "look at how safe I am" finger

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    The whole trigger discipline thing is a load of over hyped internet crap. never heard of it till 10 or so years ago. Ive been around shooting and guns my entire life and have never witnessed or heard of an AD or ND due to someone having their finger inside the guard. It was SOP while on patrol, be cognitive of what your doing at all times,ESPECIALLY when you are holding a firearm. If you cant then don't even touch or handle a firearm

Every posed picture taken while I was in the Corps has someone with their finger on the trigger, along with WWII era pics you never saw the straight "look at how safe I am" finger

And people used to chain their dogs to a box in the back yard 24/7/365 too, so what's your point?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

In before the lock, as for the shop, 3 posts in 10 years and a logical person is supposed to boycott a shop over a picture? Sorry not even close to condemning a shop over a picture.

Oh yeah? Well back when I was in younger we didn't have no safeties on our six shooters...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    Oh yeah? Well back when I was in younger we didn't have no safeties on our six shooters...
    Yes you did, It was called the half cock notch, and it generally worked well.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    And people used to chain their dogs to a box in the back yard 24/7/365 too, so what's your point?
    Didn't wear seat belts growing up either...
    (I agree with Empty, safety protocols change as new techniques and accumulated communal experience dictate.)
    (I don't care about the picture.)
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

So, you aren't going to patronize a gun shop where the staff/owners carry a 1911 in Condition One? In my neck of the woods that doesn't leave you many options. Can't argue the trigger discipline or the wisdom of that post but, in my experience, the folks in a gun store keep their gun holstered when customers are in the store. If you are in the store and see someone behind the counter pulling their firearm from the holster, you may want to take cover.
    Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStull View Post
    So, you aren't going to patronize a gun shop where the staff/owners carry a 1911 in Condition One? In my neck of the woods that doesn't leave you many options. Can't argue the trigger discipline or the wisdom of that post but, in my experience, the folks in a gun store keep their gun holstered when customers are in the store. If you are in the store and see someone behind the counter pulling their firearm from the holster, you may want to take cover.
    Those aren't the staff or owners, its a pair of customers. I was going to try to explain why the OP's panties are in a twist, but when I got to thinking about it I don't actually know.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by trhine3 View Post
    COOL STORY BRO! 2nd post in 10 years. WOOT. oops now 3 , might break 2 digits.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Those aren't the staff or owners, its a pair of customers. I was going to try to explain why the OP's panties are in a twist, but when I got to thinking about it I don't actually know.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men...
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast