Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Hot Damn! 3 in one hole today.

Couldn't believe it. I had been getting some 1-inch groups, and a few with a flier ruining the group, all five-rounders. I thought I'd try really holding the rifle firmly as opposed to letting it do its thing. That resulted in three in one ragged hole at 100 yards. Wow.

This is a Thompson Center Compass 6.5 Creedmoor, stock except for my lightening the trigger to too light for safe hunting. Vortex 6-24 FFP scope.

Fired from bench, bipod front, Caldwell bag rear. For some reason, I do better with a tripod rather than a front bag on this rifle.

Another surprise is I did it with (handloads), using Hornady 140 grain BTHP-Match bullets, which up until now have been a bit disappointing compared to Sierra SMKs.

Had been shooting groups of five. No way was I gonna ruin this 3-shot group! LOL.

Posting this not to brag. Want to let anyone know, this rifle is marketed as a hunting rifle and is generally marketed as a 1 MOA rifle. It has more potential than that.

Work with it, find the load, practice, break it in (it may have just hit that point) and this very inexpensive rifle just may break all the rules.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Hot Damn! 3 in one hole today.

That sounded kinky.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Monroe County)

Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

I thought this post was about something else. Oops

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Couldn't believe it. I had been getting some 1-inch groups, and a few with a flier ruining the group, all five-rounders. I thought I'd try really holding the rifle firmly as opposed to letting it do its thing. That resulted in three in one ragged hole at 100 yards. Wow.

This is a Thompson Center Compass 6.5 Creedmoor, stock except for my lightening the trigger to too light for safe hunting. Vortex 6-24 FFP scope.

Fired from bench, bipod front, Caldwell bag rear. For some reason, I do better with a tripod rather than a front bag on this rifle.

Another surprise is I did it with (handloads), using Hornady 140 grain BTHP-Match bullets, which up until now have been a bit disappointing compared to Sierra SMKs.

Had been shooting groups of five. No way was I gonna ruin this 3-shot group! LOL.

Posting this not to brag. Want to let anyone know, this rifle is marketed as a hunting rifle and is generally marketed as a 1 MOA rifle. It has more potential than that.

Work with it, find the load, practice, break it in (it may have just hit that point) and this very inexpensive rifle just may break all the rules.
    It's not bragging if you can do it!

(Lancaster County)

All that and no pics of target???

Nice shooting though, gotta let her stretch out though!
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Allegheny County)

Good shooting

It made me think about how some rifles are guaranteed 1MOA like you said, and I was always kinda impressed. Ya know, rack rifle, inch at 100, pretty good.

About a month ago I was sighting in an AR308 build, there a group that first reaction was "damn, what's wrong with this rifle?"

Got it home, laid a coin on the target, and the whole group was under a quarter - right at .75 MOA. So apparently nothing was wrong, just a matter of perspective

(Allegheny County)

Sometimes all the planets align. Then the next day, they're out of alignment again and don't re-align for years!
    Toujours prêt

(Berks County)

I think that one in three holes today would be more brag worthy.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Schuylkill County)

How can you tell if it's three in one hole or one tumbling round in one hole and two complete misses? jk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast