Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock 26 gen 4

(Cumberland County)

Default Glock 26 gen 4

I have a Glock 26 gen 4 the slide gets stuck when fired and won't go into battery unless you bang the slide forward. Anyone ever have this happen

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock 26 gen 4

Something is out of place or broken. Can't say without checking it out. Bring it by Mechanicsburg ordnance Randy will check it out for you. And yes most parts are in stock. 711 s York st Mechanicsburg 717 766 9606.

How many rounds through pistol? What type of ammo are you using? How long has it been since you last cleaned G26? Do you have calipers to measure the frame and slide? There are many reasons why the slide is hanging up, so try to rule out some items...such as cleaning and ammo. Could be time to replace some parts.

I've seen this on other Glocks, but I haven't had this issue for my Gen 4 G26.

The other dude sounds like a shill for that gun shop.

Try different ammo first ?

(Berks County)

I stick with Amazon.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Change your recoil spring. A weakened one can lead to not returning to battery (not enough spring power).

Rail knocked out of place causing front and rear rails to not align? Is it smooth when you rack it by hand?

Does your slide have any rub marks near the safety plunger? An out of spec trigger bar (or out of spec rail height) can lead to the trigger bar rubbing on the slide and thus slowing slide speed down to hang it up.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    Something is out of place or broken. Can't say without checking it out. Bring it by Mechanicsburg ordnance Randy will check it out for you. And yes most parts are in stock. 711 s York st Mechanicsburg 717 766 9606.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    How many rounds through pistol? What type of ammo are you using? How long has it been since you last cleaned G26? Do you have calipers to measure the frame and slide? There are many reasons why the slide is hanging up, so try to rule out some items...such as cleaning and ammo. Could be time to replace some parts.

I've seen this on other Glocks, but I haven't had this issue for my Gen 4 G26.

The other dude sounds like a shill for that gun shop.
    Yeah and.... still what I would say. Except my shop if I was near him. My bet it's really gummed up. I just had a Browning hipower come it like that. Except you pulled the slide back and it took almost a minute to go fwd. Good scrub later it like new.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff