Ok I have searched and searched before I registered. I am posting on behalf of my son and looking for guidance. Back in 2014 my son was out 16 and out of control. My wife and I had him 302ed but with the understanding from the hospital that if he voluntarily 201ed himself when he got there the 302 would be null and void. So that's what he did because he hunted and didn't want to lose his gun privileges. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and he tried to purchase a firearm and was denied. He did the PICs challenge and said it was because of his 302 in 2014. We went to the hospital and the only official form we got was his 201 voluntary commitment. This was also sent in with the PICs challenge form and they still denied him. My question is where should we go from here. The one incident was all we had and now he is a young father who just likes to hunt and fish and has grown up alot since he was 16 but now because of either an error somewhere or a lie by the hospital he can't own a gun. Any guidance would be great. Thanks