Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Another 302 Question

Quote Originally Posted by shamar100 View Post
    It is the guy who runs http://www.pagunlaws.com There were only a few in my general area that handle this situation.
    He may be real good, I'm not suggesting otherwise.
    Just saying a trusted recommendation never hurts.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

It is the guy who runs http://www.pagunlaws.com There were only a few in my general area that handle this situation.
    Mike McCormick is a good guy. He won't steer you wrong.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Mike McCormick is a good guy. He won't steer you wrong.
    Thanks he seemed very nice and knowledgeable on the phone. I will try to keep everyone updated as this process starts and ends.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks he seemed very nice and knowledgeable on the phone. I will try to keep everyone updated as this process starts and ends.
    Best of luck to you and your son.
    Bern-

(Bucks County)

Gotta wonder why something can't be done about the 302 problem.

Seems the law views mental health issues with the same old stigma we are supposed to have evolved away from. It says that once a mental case, forever a mental case.
    That's just plain wrong. Also wrong is it denies that medical doctors with degrees in psychiatry are incapable of treating and resolving mental problems. One would think a collective organization of psychiatrists would object to the defamation of their profession.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Gotta wonder why something can't be done about the 302 problem.

Seems the law views mental health issues with the same old stigma we are supposed to have evolved away from. It says that once a mental case, forever a mental case.
    That's just plain wrong. Also wrong is it denies that medical doctors with degrees in psychiatry are incapable of treating and resolving mental problems. One would think a collective organization of psychiatrists would object to the defamation of their profession.
    They take the "professional's" word instantly to prohibit a person.. but don't like the use the same "professional's" word to clear a person hmmmm
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    They take the "professional's" word instantly to prohibit a person.. but don't like the use the same "professional's" word to clear a person hmmmm
    Good old double standard .......................

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    You can enter any time they want but you can never leave.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I've retained a lawyer in my area that handles alot of 2A issues. Gonna run me about 6 grand but it is what it is. I'm just disgusted the hospital told us one thing and then did another. My lawyer has told me he has seen this numerous times. So now my son has the lawyer's number in case we get a visit from the State Police looking for him. My lawyer advised my son to not say a word about the attempted purchase and to give him his name and phone number so they can be referred to my lawyer.
    Don't be surprised if it ends up costing you more in the long run. It is a LONG process and a complete joke, I started fighting mine back at the end of 2015. It doesn't take long at all to burn $6k between getting original documents, filing initial paperwork then briefs and reply briefs. Add in the court costs when you actual have the trial then documents after.

In my case I initially lost, filed a reconsideration motion then won that. I should have had my gun rights restored back in early 2017 but then they appealed to the Superior Court. That lasted over a year and they deferred it back to the lower court but then the PSP filed for review by the PA Supreme Court which was eventually accepted.

That was in April of 2018 and it's now March 2019 so almost a year in complete limbo. If you're wondering what that cost it's close to $30k and it's going to start running up again as soon as the Supreme Court gets to my case. It's honestly a complete joke how they can just appeal over and over and basically try and run you out of money. Thankfully I can afford to keep fighting but a lot of people can't and it's sad they can get away with it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Don't be surprised if it ends up costing you more in the long run. It is a LONG process and a complete joke, I started fighting mine back at the end of 2015. It doesn't take long at all to burn $6k between getting original documents, filing initial paperwork then briefs and reply briefs. Add in the court costs when you actual have the trial then documents after.

In my case I initially lost, filed a reconsideration motion then won that. I should have had my gun rights restored back in early 2017 but then they appealed to the Superior Court. That lasted over a year and they deferred it back to the lower court but then the PSP filed for review by the PA Supreme Court which was eventually accepted.

That was in April of 2018 and it's now March 2019 so almost a year in complete limbo. If you're wondering what that cost it's close to $30k and it's going to start running up again as soon as the Supreme Court gets to my case. It's honestly a complete joke how they can just appeal over and over and basically try and run you out of money. Thankfully I can afford to keep fighting but a lot of people can't and it's sad they can get away with it.
    What you are describing can be found across the board with almost any legal action against the government bureaucracy.
    They drag you into the legal maze and then try to wait you out until you run out of money or give up due to frustration and stress.
    It is a travesty of justice and I have seen it for myself up close with a different kind of legal action unrelated to guns.

I fully expect these incidents to expand exponentially with the emergence of the "red flag" laws.
    They will unjustifiably strip people of their 2A rights, knowing full well that most people will not have the financial means to regain their 2A rights in court.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast