Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default Slide milling recommendations?

Looking to try a Holosun 507c on a Glock 19 gen 4. Found a place called jaegerworks that offers a deal on the sight and milling for $350. and will nitride for another $50. Thoughts? The dimensions are the same as rmr, so I could use it as well. I think the specific cut without the adapter plate of the mos guns seems better/stronger, but don't have any experience with these. Also curious if the refinish is done only to the cut area, or if you have to do the entire slide. Any comments/feedback would be appreciated, including the sight choice. Thanks!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Slide milling recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by daddy View Post
    Looking to try a Holosun 507c on a Glock 19 gen 4. Found a place called jaegerworks that offers a deal on the sight and milling for $350. and will nitride for another $50. Thoughts? The dimensions are the same as rmr, so I could use it as well. I think the specific cut without the adapter plate of the mos guns seems better/stronger, but don't have any experience with these. Also curious if the refinish is done only to the cut area, or if you have to do the entire slide. Any comments/feedback would be appreciated, including the sight choice. Thanks!
    Normally you have the choice leave it bare or have it cerakoted I would ask them if they are only refinishing the milled area or the whole slide, on the flipside you can also try these guys out

https://www.alphashootingsports.com/RMRCUT-p/rmrcnc.htm

https://www.sastacticalcustoms.com/c...inish-included

http://primarymachine.com/optic-milling-combos/

http://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/opt...ck-optic-cuts/
    Be aware depending on how your having it milled (taking out the rear dovetail or in front of the rear dovetail) there may be a small hole where the plunger is. Most places let you know that not all do, they say it does not interfere with the function of the slide. Flip side you can have it milled for a vortex venom or viper instead and these run about $229.00 but you can catch a sale on them here and there and seem to be just as stout with a smaller footprint than the holosun 507C.

(Butler County)

Thanks for the links, I have a vortex dot and like it, but the always on feature of the holosun really appeals to me. Anyone else have this done to their gun? Really looking for some feedback from someone who had this work done to one of their glocks.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by daddy View Post
    Thanks for the links, I have a vortex dot and like it, but the always on feature of the holosun really appeals to me. Anyone else have this done to their gun? Really looking for some feedback from someone who had this work done to one of their glocks.
    I bypassed the milling bought an rmr ready grey ghost precision slide assy that takes the rmr/holosun.