Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Hi-Point warranty center finds carbine barrel stuffed with 35 bullets

Tougher than they look or a lucky (and oblivious) shooter?

Hi-Point warranty center finds carbine barrel stuffed with 35 bullets

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/03/07...v305vbJ6Lcr0Ho

Ohio-based Hi-Point Firearms this week posted a couple of snapshots of a 995TS carbine crammed with a whopping 35 rounds of 9mm slugs.

“When he called stating he was having accuracy issues he had no idea the rounds had not left the barrel,” said the company on social media. “After receiving his carbine in we discovered the issue, re-barreled his 995TS and sent it back to him. How’s that for customer service?”
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

Default Re: Hi-Point warranty center finds carbine barrel stuffed with 35 bullets

I saw this a few days ago and was thinking no way but a gun Smith friend of mine on another board said when he worked for Auto Ordnance they had a Thompson come in with over 20 bullets lodged in it with no barrel split and a customer complaint of split and exploding cases.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 10th, 2019 at 02:12 AM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hi-Point warranty center finds carbine barrel stuffed with 35 bullets

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I saw this a few days ago and was thinking no way but s gun Smith friend of mine on another board said when he worked for Auto Ordnance they had a Thompson some in with over 20 bullets lodged in it with no barrel split and a customer complaint of split and exploding cases.
    I guess (based solely on reputation alone) it would surprise me less with something from Auto Ordnance than a Hi-Point, but its also not the first I've read of good points about them either. Regardless I don't own any and its a shame they are 'so damned ugly' (Dr. Zira reference )
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Berks County)

Aye carumba! It wasn't me but I have never experienced a squib and wonder if I would notice it on the first shot. I doubt that it would take 35.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

To all the Hi-Point haters: Wakefield is vindicated! How many other barrels could withstand 35 rounds in a barrel and stay intact?

(Warren County)

gives me a warm feeling about barrel safety.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

He must have been moving the target closer and closer until he was missing the target at two feet, that's when he figured out that his sights must be way off so he sent it in for repair....

POOOOOF !

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    To all the Hi-Point haters: Wakefield is vindicated! How many other barrels could withstand 35 rounds in a barrel and stay intact?
    I wonder if not being a locked breech system (i.e. being straight blowback) played into how the barrel stood up. Mass of bolt and spring being rated for a certain amount of pressure, but plugged barrel caused the force to be so great such that the bolt moved way early, and most of the pressure exited through the ejection port instead of being exerted upon the barrel itself.

What made him stop at 35 ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast