Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Women's cc

Default Women's cc

My wife is very small and wears tight clothing. She has a taurus 38 special she would like to carry. Anyone have info on a good holster/location for women's carry?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Women's cc

One on my (many) daughters, carries most of the time (S&W Bodyguard 380 w/ laser) and in the summer uses a "belly Band".
    Winter( when she's wearing lots of clothes ) paddle holster.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Chester County)

In just about every situation for a woman to carry it is going to necessitate some type of covering piece of clothing. I have three different methods. One is to carry inside the waistband with a kydex holster at about 3:30-4 o'clock with a sweater, jacket or longer shirt as a covering garment. The reason why I say kydex is this for inside the waistband. Once you draw the weapon out of the holster a leather holster collapses and it's near impossible to re-holster the firearm once it has been drawn. There are a thousand different types of kydex and kydex hybrids that use leather backers but I use a full kydex that covers the trigger guard and it covers the side on my carry piece that sits up against my body. I have gotten to the point now where I tuck a blouse or shirt into my jeans and then insert the kydex holster and clip it onto my belt and then button my jeans, buckle the belt and use a sweater, jacket or longer shirt as a coverup.

The second is basically the same in an outside the waistband holster with the same type of covering garment. Inside of the waistband requires jeans, skirt or belt to be a little looser in the waist so you can button the garment and buckle the belt. With outside the waistband you just need a good holster and sturdy belt to draw from.

The third way I use, remember this is what I use, is a shoulder holster in a holster that holds the firearm in a vertical position. It was difficult to find a good holster I was comfortable with but I found a leather one made by Kingdom leather holsters that I'm able to work with. I am a tall person and many shoulder holsters just didn't work for me. A good shoulder holster that has wider straps is necessary for even weight distribution. The over priced Galco and other famous name brands pinched and cut into my sensitive chest area.

http://www.kingdomholster.com/all-ca...ulder-holsters

I have one other suggestion. Please, take this into consideration, carrying off body in a purse is not a good idea. Purses can be easily snatched, forgotten or stolen from while sitting out of eyesight. In carrying a firearm fashion has to be compromised in order for that type of protection to be effective. Hope that helps.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlierock79 View Post
    My wife is very small and wears tight clothing. She has a taurus 38 special she would like to carry. Anyone have info on a good holster/location for women's carry?
    Search these forums for "Flashbang". Use that as a starting point for further research.

(Allegheny County)

Aside from the most common holsters - inside the pants, on the belt, you may want her to take a look at the more unknown yet still practical options - such as Pistolwear and Smart Carry. I do not know where you are located but if in the Pittsburgh area, you could have her meet up with me and i could show her some of those options. Overall i prefer my Galco ankle holster for the colder months but those firearm options are limited. I do carry my model 60 S&W on my ankle with no issues.

(York County)

Try this site for women: www.gungodess.com
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(York County)

second place: UnderTech UnderCover
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"