Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Current firearms bills in PA General Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Dsparil View Post
    It surprises me that there are some people on this board who think that some of this is ok.
    In another year it won't surprise you one bit.

(Susquehanna County)

dang it.. I cannot remember the number but last Fall a bill was submitted for legal review.. it was to remove 6120 Pre-emption from law, allowing each local governance to make their own firearms/weapons laws
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Delaware County)

Only just today did I learn of House Bill 768 from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-_Thp5VQ14

Needless to say I was shocked and upset. So I come to this forum to mention it and find this thread. Needless to say my mood has not improved! I hope all these bills die in committee. I'm calling my rep during business hours.

(Fayette County)

Post Re: Current firearms bills in PA General Assembly

When will we ever learn?

Gun owners and gun rights activists are forever responding to the encroachments on our inherent, inalienable rights. We are forever fighting defensive, rearguard actions.

Proposal:

Contact state representatives and clearly explain that support for these usurpations are violations of the state constitution, U.S. Constitution, and natural and inherent rights (and will not be tolerated).

As they are antithetical to the freedom, liberty, and security of all Pennsylvanians, we must demand bipartisan support for resolutions to expel any legislator so disposed to usurp these inherent rights. Furthermore, we must demand not only expulsion but a forwarding of criminal complaints (charges) to the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General for prosecutions on charges of felony perjury, as each violator perjured himself or herself by falsely swearing out the Oath of Office sworn under a judicial power as in a court of law.

It is long past time to go on the offensive.

This will be going to my representatives as well as Tom Wolf.

Hi Daryl. I wanted to update you on my brief stances (as a gun owner, Gun Owners of America member) on pending legislation in the PA House.

HB768- Firearms Registration (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    HB159- Require universal background checks (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    HB162- One handgun purchase per month (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    HB165- Self-exclusion for firearms purchases (waste of taxpayer money)
    HB202- Establishing a Pennsylvania Gun Buyback Program (waste of taxpayer money)
    HB204- Restricting the sale of toy or imitation firearms (opposed)
    HB251- Allows firearms transfer during PICS downtime (unsure)
    HB307- Assault Weapons Ban (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    HB326- “No Fly, No Buy” (generally opposed for semantics)
    HB336- Weapons ban at State Capitol (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    HB344- Restricting firearms rentals at shooting ranges (situational, please read it)
    HB377- Ban sale of police confiscated firearms (situational, please read it)
    HB378- Makes prohibited person for Involuntary Outpatient Treatment (IOT) (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    HB456- Eliminates LTCF fees (STRONGLY support)
    HB459- Speeds up prohibited person reporting to PICS (support)
    HB467- Provides for universal firearms owner licensing and training requirements (no opinion)
    HB480- Specifies disposition of firearms of minors seized by police (no opinion)
    HB532- Safe storage requirements when living with prohibited person (opposed)
    HB603- Allow waiver of LTCF fees for veterans (opposed, benefits one class over another)
    HB618- Exclude safe and gun lock purchases from sales tax (no opinion)
    HB673- Require universal background checks (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    HB699- Ban 3-D printing of guns (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    HB700- Adds offense for undetectable guns (situational, please read it)
    HB724- NRA training prior to LTCF (situational, please read it)
    HB738- ID required for Ammo purchase (opposed. Enforce it how?)

SB88- Require universal background checks (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    SB90- Extreme Risk Protection Order (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    SB98- Removes restrictions on carrying firearms during a declared emergency (support)
    SB137- Safe storage requirements when living with prohibited person (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    SB138- Safe storage requirements for firearms not in use (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    SB195- Training requirements for LTCF (situational, please read it)
    SB197- Criminal liability of gun seller for gun used in crime (Sue Tiffany for their spoons making me fat!)
    SB198- Adds offenses for prohibited persons (situational, please read it)
    SB290- Gun registration (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    SB292- Assault weapon and magazine ban (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    SB293- Extreme Risk Protection Orders (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    SB344- Provides for universal firearms owner licensing and training requirements (no Wilco) (unconstitutional)
    SB388- Divestiture of assault weapons manufacturers from State pension assets (waste of taxpayer money)
    SB394- Imposes felony for false statements during firearms transfer (opposed)

No wilco is military jargon for 'I will not comply'. The PAFOA and FOAC put together this list of legislation that you may encounter. I wanted to give you my brief positions on each bill. Some require you to read them, some I support, and many I oppose. Our natural rights trump the Constitution, and the Constitution trumps any legislation passed by this legislature. Anything passed that is 'unconstitutional' is immediately null and void. Please read each proposed bill, no matter what it is, carefully and ask as question 1 'is this constitutional?'.

Here is a short recap of bills I think you should SUPPORT:

I am a gun owner who loves his country and uses firearms for everyday lawful activities such as self protection, target shooting and home defense. Guns do not make the criminal. Criminals use tools to further their own evil ends. Please increase penalties for criminals. Politicians and bureaucrats barking up the wrong tree is NOT the answer because there is no 'roll over boy'.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    When will we ever learn?

Gun owners and gun rights activists are forever responding to the encroachments on our inherent, inalienable rights. We are forever fighting defensive, rearguard actions.

Proposal:

Contact state representatives and clearly explain that support for these usurpations are violations of the state constitution, U.S. Constitution, and natural and inherent rights (and will not be tolerated).

As they are antithetical to the freedom, liberty, and security of all Pennsylvanians, we must demand bipartisan support for resolutions to expel any legislator so disposed to usurp these inherent rights. Furthermore, we must demand not only expulsion but a forwarding of criminal complaints (charges) to the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General for prosecutions on charges of felony perjury, as each violator perjured himself or herself by falsely swearing out the Oath of Office sworn under a judicial power as in a court of law.

It is long past time to go on the offensive.
    The link to this thread with reference to my above post was sent today to Reps. Jason Ortitay (R-46), Bud Cook (R-49), Pam Snyder (D-50), Matthew Dowling (R-51), and Ryan Warner (R-52), or, basically the SWPA PA House delegation.

(Dauphin County)

There still trying to impose legislation that is unreasonable.
    Last edited by armorspec; March 16th, 2019 at 02:02 PM.

I always find it interesting when people who are supposed gun rights supporters advocate for another manner by which our rights may be diminished. There will never be a bill that I would ever support that would restrict ANYONES ability to defend themselves, and regardless of where they are. There are plenty of laws that make our actions punishable, we don’t need anymore laws that protect us from ourselves. There is always risks living in a free society.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    The link to this thread with reference to my above post was sent today to Reps. Jason Ortitay (R-46), Bud Cook (R-49), Pam Snyder (D-50), Matthew Dowling (R-51), and Ryan Warner (R-52), or, basically the SWPA PA House delegation.
    UPDATE:

The only representative to respond to my correspondence was Rep. Pam Snyder (D-50). She said that as a lifetime member of the NRA she would not vote for HB768. She did not expect the bill to make it out of the committee. She did not mention expulsion and forwarding of charges against those members who commit perjury by violating their Oath of Office.

My correspondence to the Republican members of the SWPA delegation, many of whom claim to be strong supporters of gun rights, met with NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER.

With so-called friends like these, we don't need enemies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123