Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PRNJ to raise cost of firearms permits

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    This just makes me wonder what their next screwing of the gun owners is going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Nope! New jersey's 2018 budget is already 2.7 billion more than Pennsylvania. Im sure it will be reaching new heights with the current administration.
    How is that even possible?

NJ has 3/4 the people, 1/5 the land area, 1/18 the miles of road to maintain compared to PA.

If anything it should be significantly cheaper to run the state since everyone is closer together.

(Bucks County)

Half price for LEO and LE retired.

That's fair.

How is that fair? Are you just trying to be facetious?
    Maybe if you cite how and where you have paid your dues, you will also qualify. Give him a call.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post

NJ has 3/4 the people, 1/5 the land area, 1/18 the miles of road to maintain compared to PA.

If anything it should be significantly cheaper to run the state since everyone is closer together.
    They like big government, even before Murphy. That is why they had the uproar about not being able to deduct state taxes off of federal taxes. How convenient to tax your citizens twice under the disguise of a deduction. I just took the standard NJ sales tax deduction and I still got a refund.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post

$.7Billion of that is to cover the snooki smell.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

"Active and retired LE are covered by LEOSA" is not quite accurate. The LEOSA license has to be applied for. Training requirement is part of being active. Retired pay for the training unless their department continues training retirees (have not heard of this being done). It is good for one year. Then it starts all over again.

PA gets $5 money order. Trainer fills out blue card, county sheriff signs it which activates it. As far as I know, PA might be able to charge anything they want, but I'm guessing the $5 is based on cost of PICS inquiry performed by the sheriff, who gets nothing. If PRNJ decides to charge more, they may run afoul of the provisions within HR 218.

The cop-haters and those harboring fairness grievances may be delighted to learn PRNJ has made it next to impossible for active and retired PRNJ officers to obtain a pistol carry permit, so PRNJ government is an equal opportunity fucker.
    Last edited by Bang; March 4th, 2019 at 06:01 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Half price for LEO and LE retired.

That's fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    What makes the police and LE retirees so special? We are all supposed to be treated equally under the law, aren't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    How is that fair? Are you just trying to be facetious?
    Sir, Yes Sir. I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Maybe if you cite how and where you have paid your dues, you will also qualify. Give him a call.
    Paid ones dues how? By wearing a uniform? By wearing a badge?

Please explain. I have always respected popo's and have had many friends and relatives that have worn a badge. I have done my time in uniform. The difference is what exactly?

Pick a career and go for it.

Come on back when you can quote the part of the 2nd amendment about where the differences between popo, military and civilians.

(Lancaster County)

"Active and retired LE are covered by LEOSA" is not quite accurate. The LEOSA license has to be applied for. Training requirement is part of being active. Retired pay for the training unless their department continues training retirees (have not heard of this being done). It is good for one year. Then it starts all over again.

PA gets $5 money order. Trainer fills out blue card, county sheriff signs it which activates it. As far as I know, PA might be able to charge anything they want, but I'm guessing the $5 is based on cost of PICS inquiry performed by the sheriff, who gets nothing. If PRNJ decides to charge more, they may run afoul of the provisions within HR 218.

The cop-haters and those harboring fairness grievances may be delighted to learn PRNJ has made it next to impossible for active and retired PRNJ officers to obtain a pistol carry permit, so PRNJ government is an equal opportunity fucker.
    All the cops, both active and retired that I know have had no problem getting their carry permits.

Sadly, worse is probably yet to come, I am very very surprised NJ has not gone full fucking retard Kali style with extreme AWB ban. Other than the mild AWB we have now, almost any AR style rifle is legal. So far.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Bucks County)

Ask if they are LEOSA permits or PRNJ (state) issued licenses. Also, do active NJ officers have by law the ability to carry off duty?

Governor Murphy has expressed support to raise the fees in the past. ”It's hard to believe it's actually cheaper to get a permit to purchase a handgun, which is $2, than it is to get a dog license in practically any town in our state," Murphy said at a June 13, 2018, bill signing.

The above almost made me physically sick. It must be the libertarian in me. First the concept that the government needs to control and charge fees for so many activities is sickening. More fees, more taxes, more more more. The more we bring in the more we can spend, waste and steal. By constantly taking more, we the government have no real accountability. We will tax and fee you to death. Freedom is an illusion.

Btw.... that Constitution thing with the Bill of Rights..... it’s also an illusion. Do not infringe......... what a joke. We are New Jersey, we are above the Constitution. Firearm rights? Fuck you. Give us your money and we might let some (well almost no one). exercise your right.

In some ways, I am almost appreciative of states like New Jersey. Every time someone I know starts talking about compromise and sensible gun legislation I point out that states like New Jersey, New York and California have tried that, abused it making a mockery of the Constitution and provided a warning for why others states need to fight any gun legislation what so ever.

Seems pretty plain-English to me:

Governor Murphy has expressed support to raise the fees in the past. ”It's hard to believe it's actually cheaper to get a permit to purchase a handgun, which is $2, than it is to get a dog license in practically any town in our state," Murphy said at a June 13, 2018, bill signing.
    Where to even start? First, I think it's idiotic to compare having to pay for a Constitutionally protected Right to the cost of getting a dog license.
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast