Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Got 'told on' by a fellow shopper at the supermarket

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Today out with my wife and daughter for the weekly grocery trip. OC-ing a SIG P220 Scorpion elite in a brown thumbbreak.

Pretty crowded in there. I notice two female managers smiling at me. I smile back, and then they walk right up to me. They were very nice, and one said, "We understand the gun laws. But we've had some customers come to us saying there's a man with a gun. Would you mind putting your shirt over it?" I smiled, and said no problem. They thanked me. I did not want a defiant trespass, and I was with the wife and daughter, so I had to consider any attention drawn to them. Had I been on my own, I might have asked politely if it was their policy to oblige bigoted customers who want to exert their control over patrons who are doing nothing wrong.

I see the two female managers go back to the older fellow wearing black glasses and sporting a beard. I saw this guy before in the isle, I was very polite and stepped out of his way so he could pass. He continues talking with the two female managers for about a minute straight. I smile at him politely and he pretends not to see me.

I'm thinking he was trying to argue with the managers, perhaps telling them what to do about me (maybe kick me out?), while obviously the managers did not see fit to go that far. Maybe he was an out of stater. Maybe he is a Dem thinking that OC is the equivalent of a MAGA hat.

I'm starting to become more and more disenchanted with the totalitarian mindset of this man who wants to control another person so much that he is willing to get two young females to exert *his* control over me, because he is too cowardly to talk to me in person.
    Well done.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(McKean County)

You handled yourself just fine. The managers have to appease everyone, even the ignorant. Glad it didn't escalate.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Bucks County)

You probably ran across mayor Peduto picking up pickles for his midnight pleasure train...

Good for you for being respectful....

(Montgomery County)

If you OC (or even CC) it is a good idea to keep a phone recording video in your front shirt pocket.
    This will give you some level of protection if you are falsely accused of making threats or brandishing.
    It may save you some trouble if a Liberal Democrat calls the police with false claims to have you harassed.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    If you OC (or even CC) it is a good idea to keep a phone recording video in your front shirt pocket.
    This will give you some level of protection if you are falsely accused of making threats or brandishing.
    It may save you some trouble if a Liberal Democrat calls the police with false claims to have you harassed.
    That's a good idea. I don't want to get Smollet-ed.

(Montgomery County)

That's a good idea. I don't want to get Smollet-ed.
    The level of Liberal Democrat insanity is off the chart these days.
    They are not actually afraid of you, if they were they wouldn't be standing there complaining, they would be running out of the store.
    It has nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with them hating the 2A and Conservatives in general.
    These people are fucking crazy, and they have nothing better to do than to harass total strangers over their politics.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lehigh County)

Why bother to open carry; aka exercise your rights; if you are going to "cave" when requested to cover up ?

I've been in similar situations in the past.
    I was always polite to management.
    BUT
    I've; politely; responded no I will not conceal.
    50% of the time they say nothing more.
    50% of the time they ask me to leave. So I leave BUT state that they just lost a patron.
    And about 50% of those situations; management then backtracks and says I don't have to conceal and I may stay and continue to shop.
    Of course it helps that I am a regular customer.
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Why bother to open carry; aka exercise your rights; if you are going to "cave" when requested to cover up ?

I've been in similar situations in the past.
    I was always polite to management.
    BUT
    I've; politely; responded no I will not conceal.
    50% of the time they say nothing more.
    50% of the time they ask me to leave. So I leave BUT state that they just lost a patron.
    And about 50% of those situations; management then backtracks and says I don't have to conceal and I may stay and continue to shop.
    Of course it helps that I am a regular customer.
    "I did not want a defiant trespass, and I was with the wife and daughter, so I had to consider any attention drawn to them."

One can OC, and cover up when asked, and still benefit the cause to the public by being seen as a normal family man out doing normal things. Part of the benefit of OCing is the education and normalization of the practice, even if on the *very rare* chance management might ask me to cover it. In that case, if I'm with the family, I'll oblige so as to not drawn attention to my daughter. Regardless of what I (and everyone on these boards) know to be right, the public does not share the same opinion. My daughter and wife could share the brunt of whatever shit comes *my* way. My daughter did not consent to that, whilst I did, so I will generally comply immediately with requests to cover if with my family.

If I'm on my own, I will generally be a little more inquisitive about requests to cover up.

(Allegheny County)

Just a question on this and this could be me not understanding the law. When you covered up, does that make you a CC then. What happens if you don't have LTCF? Could you be arrested for CC? I'm just trying to understand if this could happen.

Today out with my wife and daughter for the weekly grocery trip. OC-ing a SIG P220 Scorpion elite in a brown thumbbreak.

Pretty crowded in there. I notice two female managers smiling at me. I smile back, and then they walk right up to me. They were very nice, and one said, "We understand the gun laws. But we've had some customers come to us saying there's a man with a gun. Would you mind putting your shirt over it?" I smiled, and said no problem. They thanked me. I did not want a defiant trespass, and I was with the wife and daughter, so I had to consider any attention drawn to them. Had I been on my own, I might have asked politely if it was their policy to oblige bigoted customers who want to exert their control over patrons who are doing nothing wrong.

I see the two female managers go back to the older fellow wearing black glasses and sporting a beard. I saw this guy before in the isle, I was very polite and stepped out of his way so he could pass. He continues talking with the two female managers for about a minute straight. I smile at him politely and he pretends not to see me.

I'm thinking he was trying to argue with the managers, perhaps telling them what to do about me (maybe kick me out?), while obviously the managers did not see fit to go that far. Maybe he was an out of stater. Maybe he is a Dem thinking that OC is the equivalent of a MAGA hat.

I'm starting to become more and more disenchanted with the totalitarian mindset of this man who wants to control another person so much that he is willing to get two young females to exert *his* control over me, because he is too cowardly to talk to me in person.
    You chose the fight.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast