Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Ruger LCP 10th anniversary issue

Picked up a Ruger LCP 10th anniversary edition a couple weeks ago and have always heard good things about LCP’s for pocket sized guns. Finally got to take it to the range today to test it out and on the 2nd round....failure to eject the spent casing. Fixed it, racked another round and boom..3rd round failure to eject the shell, 4th round stove pipe. I checked all the possibilities, grip, not limp wristing and tried 2 different brands of ammo. Couldn’t get more then 3 rounds in a row without some sort of eject failure the whole time. Upon searching google later today turns out this is a very common issue with these 10th anniversary LCP’s. Guess I’ll be sending it back to Ruger later this week once their customer service office opens Monday. Just wanted to give anyone looking for an LCP a heads up to stay away from the 10th anniversary model.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ruger LCP 10th anniversary issue

Quote Originally Posted by cham09 View Post
    Picked up a Ruger LCP 10th anniversary edition a couple weeks ago and have always heard good things about LCP’s for pocket sized guns. Finally got to take it to the range today to test it out and on the 2nd round....failure to eject the spent casing. Fixed it, racked another round and boom..3rd round failure to eject the shell, 4th round stove pipe. I checked all the possibilities, grip, not limp wristing and tried 2 different brands of ammo. Couldn’t get more then 3 rounds in a row without some sort of eject failure the whole time. Upon searching google later today turns out this is a very common issue with these 10th anniversary LCP’s. Guess I’ll be sending it back to Ruger later this week once their customer service office opens Monday. Just wanted to give anyone looking for an LCP a heads up to stay away from the 10th anniversary model.
    That's sucks to hear, they look nice too.
    I was thinking about one of them if I couldn't find a good micro 9. Maybe I need to look at diamondback again lol

(Franklin County)

I just got a new LCP last month. It's not the anniversary edition but I don't think there are any function or internal differences between your basic newLCP and the anniversary edition.
    I had mine to the range last week, I put about 100 rounds through it, half defensive hollow points and half ball rounds.
    I had one light strike in the second magazine i fed through it, other than that it ran flawlessly. I've also got a gen I that I bought new about 7 years ago, No telling how many hundreds of rounds through it, it's never had a malfunction, never, not one.
    I wonder what has changed with the anniversary edition that is causing issues?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    That's sucks to hear, they look nice too.
    I was thinking about one of them if I couldn't find a good micro 9. Maybe I need to look at diamondback again lol
    Yea I agree the two tone silver looks nice on it which is partially why I went with with it vs a regular lcp, plus the skeleton trigger.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I just got a new LCP last month. It's not the anniversary edition but I don't think there are any function or internal differences between your basic newLCP and the anniversary edition.
    I had mine to the range last week, I put about 100 rounds through it, half defensive hollow points and half ball rounds.
    I had one light strike in the second magazine i fed through it, other than that it ran flawlessly. I've also got a gen I that I bought new about 7 years ago, No telling how many hundreds of rounds through it, it's never had a malfunction, never, not one.
    I wonder what has changed with the anniversary edition that is causing issues?
    Not sure mechanically what’s different that may be causing the issues, I found on one YouTube video a guy having the same issue with his 10th anniversary lcp sent it back to ruger and they replaced the extractor with an older style one (not sure what that means) and now his runs flawlessly, so possibly they changed extractors?

Never had that many jams in my Kel-Tec .380.

The Ruger copy had a few recalls.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Kel Tec P3AT has been flawless for 6 years. Full of lint. Nothing stops that little guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by paulpa21 View Post
    Kel Tec P3AT has been flawless for 6 years. Full of lint. Nothing stops that little guy.
    Good way to tell it's not been fired recently if ya get in a jam.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Good way to tell it's not been fired recently if ya get in a jam.
    I think Nancy has bags of pocket lint for sale. . J/K
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I think Nancy has bags of pocket lint for sale. . J/K
    How about naval lint?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast