Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default 2A Friendly Orgs in PA - Compiling a List

I'm on a mission. I want to reach out to all the orgs in PA that are gun/2A friendly. I'm putting a list together and will reach out to them.

There's a lot of small groups that support/promote the Constitution and 2A rights but don't have a heavy presence or are active on line. My local sportsman club is a perfect example. Not very "connected on line", but 300 members. If we can get a small percentage of those members involved, that's more people to support the cause.

My goal is to inform all these orgs of active rallies and events so they can pass the info to their members. We need to get people out of the woodwork so they can throw the support to some of the active, bigger players and they can do their thing.

Complacency will keep us down and kill us, but PA proved in 2016 that "they" believe in America. The people are there, they just need to be informed and might get active.

Speaking personally, I don't have time to surf the internet and visit all the sites and read all the threads about what's happening. But If I were to receive an email from my local club informing me or directing me, I'd be on it. I think there's a lot of people like that.

So, please reply with contact information of small local groups.

(Chester County)

Default Re: 2A Friendly Orgs in PA - Compiling a List

This is a great idea. I'll do some digging locally.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    This is a great idea. I'll do some digging locally.
    Keep us advised.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    I'm on a mission. I want to reach out to all the orgs in PA that are gun/2A friendly. I'm putting a list together and will reach out to them.

There's a lot of small groups that support/promote the Constitution and 2A rights but don't have a heavy presence or are active on line. My local sportsman club is a perfect example. Not very "connected on line", but 300 members. If we can get a small percentage of those members involved, that's more people to support the cause.

My goal is to inform all these orgs of active rallies and events so they can pass the info to their members. We need to get people out of the woodwork so they can throw the support to some of the active, bigger players and they can do their thing.

Complacency will keep us down and kill us, but PA proved in 2016 that "they" believe in America. The people are there, they just need to be informed and might get active.

Speaking personally, I don't have time to surf the internet and visit all the sites and read all the threads about what's happening. But If I were to receive an email from my local club informing me or directing me, I'd be on it. I think there's a lot of people like that.

So, please reply with contact information of small local groups.
    If you are interested we have a private fakebook page named '2A PA' for this purpose. I like to keep it just to pertinent announcements so we don't add clutter to the group members' fakebook news feeds. We do need to vet subscribers to try to keep the moles out.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Blackman's Cycle in Emmaus. Supposedly if you bought a bike last weekend you got a free gun.

The Wife saw it on Fakebook.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Blackman's Cycle in Emmaus. Supposedly if you bought a bike last weekend you got a free gun.

The Wife saw it on Fakebook.
    I don't want to think about the number of businesses' who are gun friendly and then the gun shops in PA. That could get overwhelming.

I'm up to about 200 clubs, orgs and facebook "people". Most of the 200 are sportsman clubs. The PA Federation of Sportsmen's website has a good list. I'm about halfway through the list gathering club info (address, contact, email, etc)

I also reached out to the GOA to see if having a state director/delegate is a possibility (like Texas has). I may attend the PA Oathkeeper meeting in Erie on Tuesday. They are bigger players in the game. Even though they irritated me with their recommendations for the Pittsburgh rally, I will put that aside. I have to remember the saying about opinions and assholes and how they all stink. This task I'm on is to unite, so Oathkeepers get a pass, for now.

Anyway, this is going to be a big undertaking and I'm still thinking about how to contact and in general what to do with the information. I like simple and no decisions by committee. As Walleye pointed out things get messy with clutter when things are open to the public (see POOFA hat thread!), so a new facebook page is out of the question.

I'm considering a website that just lists information. My thoughts are to have a single point source for events, important legislation, etc. I know there are websites that list this stuff, including POOFA, but it seems very chaotic at some of the websites and/or not up to date. It would be the "wiki" of anything gun, "patriot" or rights related in PA.

I'm open to ideas and input for how to manage something like this because I don't have any experience with it.

(Montgomery County)

This is a good idea.
    Thank you for taking the initiative.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Getting club members to join poofa should be a first step. The legislation and law discussions should be emphasize to the members. Could be easy as getting members here to bring it up at club meetings and maybe get it in the news letters.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If you are interested we have a private fakebook page named '2A PA' for this purpose. I like to keep it just to pertinent announcements so we don't add clutter to the group members' fakebook news feeds. We do need to vet subscribers to try to keep the moles out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Getting club members to join poofa should be a first step. The legislation and law discussions should be emphasize to the members. Could be easy as getting members here to bring it up at club meetings and maybe get it in the news letters.
    Walleye, Thank you, I may look to join. But.....

I've spent the last couple weeks on line as much as I can. I think the results vs the amount of time spent was not effective. I'm still leaning to creating a "one stop" website. I'd provide links so people can get to all the "noise" but a single source in my opinion is best. Go back to the KISS principle.

Technology is great but it's too easy to have fodder/clutter or nonsense.

There's just too many places to go and many are chaotic, as I mentioned. I really dislike facebook, but there's a lot of stuff there and unfortunately I have to engage it.

Since I am a dinosaur, I'll probably have to hire some kids to help. My kids are 14 and 15, so there's no problem finding someone, if not one or both of them. I'll use the old "work for food and roof over your head, you ungrateful little prick" angle. (FYI..I don't call my kids pricks...but I think it sometimes...)

I'm also thinking about what someone mentioned here on POOFA. Get regional groups set up across the state. Have a monthly or bi monthly gathering of all the people in the region, with all the different groups and orgs invited. Even if it's at a local club doing a weekend shoot or at a gun show. There's no shortage of weekend events in PA.

Anyway, just kicking around ideas....BTW I'm an engineer so I am creatively challenged. I'm more analytical and black/white. I like simple and to the point.

(Bucks County)

If you could compile your list into a public Google sheet so everyone can view it, maybe more of us could reach out to our local groups and engage. You can make it view only for everyone but you and update as it goes, maybe tabbed out by county so we can navigate it easier. Just a thought.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast