Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: House Passes 20 Day Wait on Background Checks.

According to the reports on the proposed bill, a TEN day wait is only in cases where the call has a buyer who gets put into research. Something in the language leaves open the possibility to extend the research for an additional period.

Bad as it is, lets at least get the actual proposed law right before we contact legislators. We yell loud when the grabbers display gross ignorance, we ought to be better.

Personally I think we should improve the quality of the existing system of checks, but you know what the gun grabbers really want.

If I want to kill you I will kill you no matter what law is passed. See how easy that was?

I wish they would just come out and say it. MR AND MRS AMERICA GIVE THEM UP NOW!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    You sue the knife, obviously
    You sue the knife maker, obviously. Might as well extend the lunacy to everyone.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Chester County)

Here's what I've been sending:

Senator Killion:

Do you believe that criminals, psychos and terrorist will obey the new and redundant gun laws that politicians make? Of course not.
    The burden falls ONLY on the "law abiding citizens". Politicians continually tout the saving of lives, "if we can save only one life...we must
    stop gun violence."

Webster's definition of violence: " the use of physical force so as to injure, abuse, damage, or destroy."

A 2008 study by the automobile assoc. of America put the costs at $166.7 billion.
    Researchers at Cohen Children's Medical Center in New Hyde Park estimate more than 3,000 annual teen deaths nationwide from texting and 300,000 injuries.

An estimated 2,700 young people die each year as a result of driving under the influence of alcohol and 282,000 are treated in emergency rooms for injuries suffered in motor-vehicle crashes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Therefore. To save lives, injuries, costs of medical bills, damages etc. I have the solutions:

I demand these laws for Pennsylvania:
    1- All vehicles or motorized bikes etc, except emergency vehicles, that are allowed on the streets are to be equipped with breath analyzer
    within two years of passing this law.
    2. All vehicles or motorized bikes, etc, except emergency vehicles, that are allowed on the streets are to be equipped with a speed a
    governor limiting speed to max of 40 mph. Must be completed within two years after passing this law.

The costs will be burden by the owners of the vehicles and must be completed within two years. After two years any vehicles not
    meeting the above laws, are BANNED, and will be confiscated.

After all this will benefit the citizens of Pennsylvania and save far more lives, injuries and costs. After all, if we can save one life.

Rep. Dan Meuser from PA's 9th Congressional district also failed to vote in opposition to H.R. 1112. Here are the final roll call vote results: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll103.xml#NV

His office needs to hear from gun owners too. Meuser did not vote in opposition to H.R. 1112 and gun control votes are too important to sit idly by and let pass. Silence isn't good enough.

I don't know what his excuse is, but we should call his office and let him know we demand better from our representatives. They need to do their duty to protect and defend the Constitution.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Allegheny County)

Big surprise self described "gun guy" Connor Lamb voted in lock step with his Democratic overlords again to dick gun owners over. I emailed him repeatedly over HR8, but didn't about this one. Not like it would have done any good. I can only tell the guy he's an empty suit and I'll never vote him so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Who do you sue if you get hurt by a bad person during the 20 day waiting period?
    That's what restraining orders are for silly. Nobody will hurt you if you get one of those.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    That's what restraining orders are for silly. Nobody will hurt you if you get one of those.
    Seems like they should just make a law against assaulting, killing or attempting to kill another person.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Exactly. Every representative that proposes a red flag bill, tells us that the wimmin and childrens will be safe after it is passed.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    I wonder what the other side would say if the same "reasonable" regulations were applied to abortions or registering to vote? Maybe it's time to turn this around and force them to argue against the types of rules.
    Perhaps better, how about a 20 day waiting period after you apply for permission to speak your mind? I think this is reasonable. It would apply to anyplace except the home or business or place of worship. No exceptions for political positions. Permits would state particular subjects that you would be allowed to elaborate, and only that subject matter. Offenders would commit a Class 3 felony, minimum 5 year period of silence. We would close that coffee-klatch loophole, private rumor-passing would of course require permits, psycho sleep-talking would be subject to red-flag warrant-less no-knock home invasions....
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast