Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Brainiac citizens debate armed guards in schools

Falls Twp school board meeting last week. Subject of armed police officers in the high school. Varying opinions as usual. I loved the one, (paraphrasing) "I see no point in having an armed officer in the school. What are the chances he would be in the needed area. The chances of an accident involving the gun is higher. Besides, police are called anyway."

Oh for #$%^&*()(*&@#$%^&*()(*&^%#$%^&* sake.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Default Re: Brainiac citizens debate armed guards in schools

Frustrating. How do you reason with that? No one can say there is no chance of an accidental discharge, but in the grand scheme of things that risk is so remote. Yet we have recent actual video evidence of that armed and shooting Antifa nut out in Washington State being stopped dead by an armed police officers in a school lobby. (Media likes to not report that story much because the shooter was Antifa and not NRA) The police are called anyway. Yeah, after people are shot and more are being shot until they arrive. Why do these people talk about "common sense gun control" that is proven not to work, but refuse to accept real common sense measures to provide for the security of their own children?

Isn't the right answer to that person "Yes, there is a slight chance of injury due to accidental discharge by a trained police officer, BUT, if it saves even ONE life wouldn't it be worth it?". They are used to making that argument, not sure how they would respond to being on the other end of it.

(Montgomery County)

I dont think it should be police.

To many kids are being abused, beaten, raped, and then on top of it most of the children are charged with crimes. Kids even as young a 7 getting charged and arrested for refusing teachers.
    This is just an excuse to force people into the system as early as possible, closing many doors that would have been open otherwise and further cementing there (lower) place in life.

I'd much rather see military veterans, who have passed appropriate qualifications and psych eval. At least they have better training and an understanding of ROE it seems.

Sure not all cops are bad, that's a given and far too broad.

(Delaware County)

Just the well publicized presents of armed security guards, former military or Police, might make a "Doer" pick a softer target.
    Maybe a one minute blurb on the local news, training at the range, etc. would help.
    Last edited by DonBiase; February 28th, 2019 at 08:12 PM.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post

To many kids are being abused, beaten, raped, and then on top of it most of the children are charged with crimes. Kids even as young a 7 getting charged and arrested for refusing teachers.
    This is just an excuse to force people into the system as early as possible, closing many doors that would have been open otherwise and further cementing there (lower) place in life.

I'd much rather see military veterans, who have passed appropriate qualifications and psych eval. At least they have better training and an understanding of ROE it seems.

Some Veterans went through boot camp and become cooks. I'm sure they are more qualified than a police officer. Having police in school is not a conspiracy theory to fill prisons. It's just common sense. Our school district has had an armed officer at the school for over 10 years.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

My vote for the worst thought out post ever.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    My vote for the worst thought out post ever.
    I guess I'll need to cry myself to sleep now like the liberal snowflakes since you dont like what I've said..

Sorry that dont agree with building up the system for the incoming jackbooted stazi like you. But hey, your 77 and dont have many years left so why should you give any fucks. This will be our problem not yours, just like so many other problems pushed off to be dumped on our shoulders. The apathy started long before our generation.

(Bucks County)

This guy gets it.

(Philadelphia County)

I guess I'll need to cry myself to sleep now like the liberal snowflakes since you dont like what I've said..

Sorry that dont agree with building up the system for the incoming jackbooted stazi like you. But hey, your 77 and dont have many years left so why should you give any fucks. This will be our problem not yours, just like so many other problems pushed off to be dumped on our shoulders. The apathy started long before our generation.
    Easy there Francis. I gotta agree with phill. Your description of the veteran that you want, basically describes many of the cops I know. And just how are military ROE and tactics appropriate in a school setting ?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    This guy gets it.

He's got his head on straight. The only thing I disagree with is his comment that if a perp died in the confrontation it would be unfortunate, I find it unfortunate when they live.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast