Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Brainiac citizens debate armed guards in schools

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Easy there Francis. I gotta agree with phill. Your description of the veteran that you want, basically describes many of the cops I know. And just how are military ROE and tactics appropriate in a school setting ?
    I agree. Community police are generally speaking much more accustomed to a wide variety of interactions with fellow citizens. (I do lament, that back in the day,community policing (in smaller cities) where the police were as much like neighbors has pretty much been lost. It is all a little more adversarial now). Still, police are better trained and practiced in discerning and in dealing with weird stuff involving fellow citizens on a day to day basis than are soldiers or citizens with just standard military training.

(Lancaster County)

Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    He's got his head on straight. The only thing I disagree with is his comment that if a perp died in the confrontation it would be unfortunate, I find it unfortunate when they live.
    I heard another interview with him.

He said the most criticism he got was from other gun owners, for his choice of Kel-tecs to defend the school.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I guess I'll need to cry myself to sleep now like the liberal snowflakes since you dont like what I've said..

Sorry that dont agree with building up the system for the incoming jackbooted stazi like you. But hey, your 77 and dont have many years left so why should you give any fucks. This will be our problem not yours, just like so many other problems pushed off to be dumped on our shoulders. The apathy started long before our generation.
    Have to take back what I said. You just bested yourself with your post.
    As to my age it comes with something that you lack experience and 26+ years in the military. Military training has nothing that even vaguely resembles the job skills required to deal with a school situation. That you hate cops tells me all that I need to know about you.
    Have a nice life and you might work on your attitude and education in the real world.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I guess I'll need to cry myself to sleep now like the liberal snowflakes since you dont like what I've said..

Sorry that dont agree with building up the system for the incoming jackbooted stazi like you. But hey, your 77 and dont have many years left so why should you give any fucks. This will be our problem not yours, just like so many other problems pushed off to be dumped on our shoulders. The apathy started long before our generation.
    Insane Clown Posse indeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12