Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show MARCH 22, 23, 24 2019

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    It's been some time since I've been to a gun show in PA. The last time I went I remember I had to check in my concealed firearm and I assume that is still the process. What I want to know from you guys who go to the PA shows run by Eagle Arms and the Oaks show next week how do they secure your weapon? If I remember correctly they used a plastic zip tie. Will I be able to re-holster my handgun with the zip tie on it? Or do they do something different today? Please advise. Thanks
    If you're going to check it don't have a round in the chamber and watch your muzzle discipline. Drop the mag and rack back the slide then hand it over to the PD. If it's a revolver, well you know what to do.

In the past I've zip tide my S&W model 36 barrel myself before I left the house.

Since they don't wand you and there's no metal detectors I don't even go over to the check-in table anymore, I just conceal carry and keep it that way.

I'll be there the 23rd, you'll see me at Scotts Guards table buying the nicest 1960's-70's revolver he has. Hopefully it's boxed. Jeff, if you read this, I'm looking for a Model 27, 28 or 10.

Have a great show all,

Kobsw

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Hookers are in a different part of town...
    (Sorry... had to do it )
    Our club name is Urban Hookers. LOL
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

If anyone sees a table with Naa mini revolvers for a great price please post it so I can pop in on Sunday. Same for those doubletap 2-shot pistols.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    If anyone sees a table with Naa mini revolvers for a great price please post it so I can pop in on Sunday. Same for those doubletap 2-shot pistols.
    I'm looking as well and will be trying to go Friday, if I see anything decent I'll let you know

(Westmoreland County)

kobsw: I'll see you on the 23rd. I DO have REALLY nice Model 28-2, 6 inch. Alas, no box though. I'll also have a very unique S&W factory miss mark Model 25.
    As for the rest of you PAFOAs, please stop by for at least a quick meet n greet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    kobsw: I'll see you on the 23rd. I DO have REALLY nice Model 28-2, 6 inch. Alas, no box though. I'll also have a very unique S&W factory miss mark Model 25.
    As for the rest of you PAFOAs, please stop by for at least a quick meet n greet.
    ScotsGuards, A real nice 28-2 6"... All man, why cant the show be tomorrow?..lol

Thanks for the heads up and see you on Saturday,

Kobsw

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by kobsw View Post
    If you're going to check it don't have a round in the chamber and watch your muzzle discipline. Drop the mag and rack back the slide then hand it over to the PD. If it's a revolver, well you know what to do.
    I will respectfully disagree.

Ask an officer first, if he wants you to clear your sidearm yourself or else. I'm 100% certain the answer will be "else", so safely take the gun out of the holster and hand it to the cop or put it on the table as prescribed.
    Je suis déplorable

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post

Ask an officer first, if he wants you to clear your sidearm yourself or else. I'm 100% certain the answer will be "else", so safely take the gun out of the holster and hand it to the cop or put it on the table as prescribed.
    Yeah, don't wait until you get to security to clear your gun. It'll be busy and I doubt you could do it safely there unless they had a clearing barrel or something. I always just clear my carry at the car before I walk in if I'm checking it. I won't say how long it stays that way, but you can generally tell by the amount of zip ties in the bathroom garbage cans that most people don't walk out to the car that way.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Yeah, don't wait until you get to security to clear your gun. It'll be busy and I doubt you could do it safely there unless they had a clearing barrel or something. I always just clear my carry at the car before I walk in if I'm checking it. I won't say how long it stays that way, but you can generally tell by the amount of zip ties in the bathroom garbage cans that most people don't walk out to the car that way.
    LOL....I guess that would be a sight to see.Ive never gone into the bathroom there
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post

Metz, all good... I'm open to cretinism and or critique. In the end if everything is done carefully and safely then it's a win win.

Best Regards,

Kobsw

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast