Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show MARCH 22, 23, 24 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    From what I've read over the years, GM made a certain amount. A lot were air-dropped meaning many went unfound and rotted or were damaged on impact. They were meant as a one-shot to get the enemy's real gun and discarded. Matter of survivors. Old antique collector saying. The damaged and ruined ones make the survivors worth that much more.
    Im going on memory, most were not air dropped, the cost of dropping them versus other effective stuff and the fact of the labor to drop them just didn't make it worth while. Some were distributed in one of the hell holes we got involved with after ww2. It's online in various articles. I think American rifleman tv did a show about them. I keep thinking about making a display with all the info. Too much procrastination.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If I did I was clueless. I did see a table full of H&K stuff though, most of it overpriced by my standards. They did have a few bayonets that were are little more properly priced but I'm not in the market for one of them.

I can say that the attention I received as a potential customer was a bit lackluster and I could have bought more stuff if I could have gotten waited on...and it wasn't because there were people ahead of me either.
    Tanners has a great price on an OD green VP9SK....i saw the same table with the overpriced HKs. I thought i saw Aggies Coach with his Gators jersey and Scotsguards had a nice P226 9mm W German.... I only bought a flashlight.

The show is getting too much junk in it. A lot of mags used or new were a bit overpriced....

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Tanners has a great price on an OD green VP9SK....i saw the same table with the overpriced HKs. I thought i saw Aggies Coach with his Gators jersey and Scotsguards had a nice P226 9mm W German.... I only bought a flashlight.

The show is getting too much junk in it. A lot of mags used or new were a bit overpriced....
    I saw one dealer with new Mec-Gar CZ-82/83 mags priced at $44ea. OUCH!

He then told me he also had genuine Czech-surplus mags and I got 3 for $10ea.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Chester County)

I saw a guy who had a Walther tph, 22 for sale but he wanted 960 for it. A little steep since gunbroker has several listed at bin for 500-ish.

(Bucks County)

We went today. My wife got the idea that it would be good for me to go and take her...along with her younger brother. His 21st birthday is next week. Neither of them have been to a gun show before.

We actually caught up with the guy from Vinnie's Pizza and got some lunch there after the show.

About the show itself. While my wife and BIL seemed impressed, I wasn't exactly overwhelmed. It was great to wander around, but saw more empty tables than expected and it did seem that most guns I saw were not exactly bargain priced. (Plus the endless tables of knives, etc.) I have just about decided against a S&W 29, but saw one at the show. It was almost $200 higher than my local shops. The vendor also would not allow me to feel the trigger, etc. He was VERY nice, and explained that if so many people were to spin the cylinder, etc...it wouldn't be a new gun anymore. I get it...it's an expensive revolver. He was honest and upfront...but any interest I may have had went out the window.

I also didn't think ammo prices were all that great, either. All I wound up buying was a can of Renaissance Wax. I would have liked to find some pistol racks for the safe...but saw none. I did manage to talk to 2 different Cerakote vendors about a project....one of which is very local to me.

I'm thinking at this point, I'll wait until fall to go to another Oaks show.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    We went today. My wife got the idea that it would be good for me to go and take her...along with her younger brother. His 21st birthday is next week. Neither of them have been to a gun show before.

We actually caught up with the guy from Vinnie's Pizza and got some lunch there after the show.

About the show itself. While my wife and BIL seemed impressed, I wasn't exactly overwhelmed. It was great to wander around, but saw more empty tables than expected and it did seem that most guns I saw were not exactly bargain priced. (Plus the endless tables of knives, etc.) I have just about decided against a S&W 29, but saw one at the show. It was almost $200 higher than my local shops. The vendor also would not allow me to feel the trigger, etc. He was VERY nice, and explained that if so many people were to spin the cylinder, etc...it wouldn't be a new gun anymore. I get it...it's an expensive revolver. He was honest and upfront...but any interest I may have had went out the window.

I also didn't think ammo prices were all that great, either. All I wound up buying was a can of Renaissance Wax. I would have liked to find some pistol racks for the safe...but saw none. I did manage to talk to 2 different Cerakote vendors about a project....one of which is very local to me.

I'm thinking at this point, I'll wait until fall to go to another Oaks show.
    That was me from vinnies! Lol
    :-)

Btw check out Modern Munitions, they had some great prices on self defense ammo and target. Self defense ammo is nickel cased too. They are all the way in the back, hall C along the garage door/loading dock wall in the middle at the end of the aisle. Nice people as well and local to SEPA.

(Montgomery County)

I have their card if you would like me to get you their number or website

(Philadelphia County)

It was okay. Got a few things sold, though the guys I was with said they did a lot better on friday than on saturday. Got some cheap AK mags, a surplus M9 mag, a bakelite AK pistol grip and some en-blocs for the Garand I got. A '41 Springfield receiver with a Springfield op-rod and '41 Springfield barrel that gauges ME-2 and TE-1. Stock is some sort of aftermarket replacement that will be replaced in the near future. I was looking for an old-ish Colt AR, but the Garand will do lol.

(Philadelphia County)

Going tomorrow to check out ammo deals and possibly get some overpriced funnel cake!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Got to go yesterday. Was it me, or did it seem like there was an abundance of M1 Garands??? Of course there was a lot of junk, but i felt there was a nice amount of gun vendors also.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast