Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Trump vows veto of gun bills

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    who you gonna vote for, Bernie?
    Bernie was in Brooklyn NY riling up the unwashed as usual.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Lancaster County)

The big thing we need to do is get the culture back under our control. From 9/11 to around 2012 or so, we were on top. People were buying AR's and proud of it who even then might have voted for an occasional D party member. There wasn't any amount of the current all out identity politics hate of anyone connected with gun ownership, none of the social media censoring, workplace and social circle exclusion and intimidation, etc. No MDA or other anti gun groups making any serious waves. Whatever we were doing then we need to get back to doing now and beat the anti gun complex back down in its hole and then cement the hole shut. The amount of attention we spend worrying what the enemy will do needs to be put towards eliminating their ability to do it.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    This..... I think Trump is more likely to follow through on this promise than not.
    I believe so too, with one worrisome caveat

I think the if Dems were to offer him approval for full wall funding in exchange for extreme federal gun control regulations, he might just do it. Sure, he’ll try to negotiate on the severity and breadth of the gun control measures, but I think he might sacrifice us in exchange for the wall.

The wall would be the greatest of his campaign promises kept, it would be his legacy. It’s important to him to achieve that. He’s be willing to trade just about anything for the wall.

He knows he would lose votes, but he might take the calculated risk that the support for the wall outweighs the 2A crowd that insist on being single issue voters.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post

I think the if Dems were to offer him approval for full wall funding in exchange for extreme federal gun control regulations, he might just do it. Sure, he’ll try to negotiate on the severity and breadth of the gun control measures, but I think he might sacrifice us in exchange for the wall.

The wall would be the greatest of his campaign promises kept, it would be his legacy. It’s important to him to achieve that. He’s be willing to trade just about anything for the wall.

He knows he would lose votes, but he might take the calculated risk that the support for the wall outweighs the 2A crowd that insist on being single issue voters.
    And that is the only problem the Dems have with successful border security.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post

That was a scenario I was concerned about when he was running. But I am less worried now than I was then. I think that he would realize that getting the wall that way would be an automatic loss. A lot of wall supporters also support the 2nd. He would lose a lot of wall supporters in the process. I could be wrong but it's not something I am going to worry about unless it looks like a realistic reality.

(Lancaster County)

They’ll trademboarde wall for guns and he’ll probably go with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Chester County)

Occasional Cortex approves of the bill so it'll become law.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Occasional Cortex approves of the bill so it'll become law.
    Attachment 115782
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456