Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default RCBS Powder Master Dispenser problem

Hoping someone can offer some insight to a problem I'm having.

I have an older RCBS Powder Master Dispenser. It's the older model made by PACT with the digital "eye" that communicates with the scale. The unit is probably 15 years old, out of warranty.

There is a crack in the plastic housing that was not there before. I recently had some guys doing work at my house and I suspect that one of them knocked my dispenser on the ground and broke it. Before anyone brings it up, it's a complex set of circumstances and it would be virtually impossible for me to try to go after them for the damage. In fact I'm not even sure that it was them.

That being said, the dispenser will not calibrate. Scale works fine and dispenser registers that it's communicating with the dispenser. When I fill the dispenser and try to calibrate it to the powder, the light just blinks but the motors do not turn. I've seen that you can do a factory re-set on the scale(and I've tried that), but no mention of that for the dispenser. Anyone ever have this problem, or know how I could fix it?

I'm planning to call RCBS on Monday to see if they have any solutions, but at this point I suspect that I'll be buying a new unit.

Thanks

(Beaver County)

Default Re: RCBS Powder Master Dispenser problem

I have a chargemaster and my scale calibrates to check weights and not the powder.

I feel that you may be looking at a new unit.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    I have a chargemaster and my scale calibrates to check weights and not the powder.

I feel that you may be looking at a new unit.
    Yeah this is the older POWDER master. Dispenser and scale are separate units. My scale works fine, weights calibrate and everything. It's the dispenser that's the problem. It's supposed to calibrate itself for different flow rates of various powders but it does not.

(Beaver County)

Mine is two separate units also nested together but does not compensate for the powder. I just hack it when I change from rifle to pistol.

Maybe find one on GB or Fleabay.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Somerset County)

Did you try contacting Pact ? I have their version which is the same as the RCBS but gray, I sent mine in for repairs last winter, takes them some time to reply or fix anything though was like a month or more.
    info@pact.com

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    Hoping someone can offer some insight to a problem I'm having.

I have an older RCBS Powder Master Dispenser. It's the older model made by PACT with the digital "eye" that communicates with the scale. The unit is probably 15 years old, out of warranty.

There is a crack in the plastic housing that was not there before. I recently had some guys doing work at my house and I suspect that one of them knocked my dispenser on the ground and broke it. Before anyone brings it up, it's a complex set of circumstances and it would be virtually impossible for me to try to go after them for the damage. In fact I'm not even sure that it was them.

That being said, the dispenser will not calibrate. Scale works fine and dispenser registers that it's communicating with the dispenser. When I fill the dispenser and try to calibrate it to the powder, the light just blinks but the motors do not turn. I've seen that you can do a factory re-set on the scale(and I've tried that), but no mention of that for the dispenser. Anyone ever have this problem, or know how I could fix it?

I'm planning to call RCBS on Monday to see if they have any solutions, but at this point I suspect that I'll be buying a new unit.

Thanks
    I have this unit. Which I love by the way.
    Anyhow I understand what you mean by calibrating the dispenser.
    I wonder if you really need to calibrate the dispenser????
    I know the directions tell you to.
    I don't know how to fix anything with this but my question is ..... will it just let you punch in your desired weight and dispense it without calibrating it first?
    This is something I have never tried but if this would work ..... it would be better than nothing. But that calibrate light may need to be lite first ..... who knows?