Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

Quote Originally Posted by KevininPa View Post
    No prob. A lot of local jokes about the local sewage treatment plant and " bath" water.

Now that the state police are patrolling it, bath is really getting cleaned up.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Just getting caught up on this thread and wanted to comment on lobbying.

Getting a lawmaker to vote as you want is usually (not always, but usually) directly proportional to the amount of political power you have.

Think of it like this. I walk in asking him to do something but I represent *my* election day vote only, versus walking in representing my neighborhood that has ten of us who will vote as a block on election day.

Now imagine walking in representing three thousand members, and having $300k to spend on advertising. You now probably hold enough political power to get that lawmaker reelected, or to replace him.

That is all they know (most of the time). If you hold their livelihood in your hands, you have their attention. If you don't, your efforts will have minimal effect.

Bottom line question when lobbying: What is the size of the block of voters that you control and how much is in your treasury?
    There are enough gun owners in PA to make an effective 2A political lobby.
    All that is needed is some effort to bring the various 2A tribes together into a united 2A voting block.
    Banding the 2A tribes into a 2A voting block will also allow for participants to kick in $20 a year for political advertising if they choose to do so.

A sizable informed constituency doesn't even need the advertising money.
    No amount of media advertising is going to make an informed gun owner vote for people that want to abolish the 2A.
    We band the PA 2A tribes, we spread information throughout the PA 2A network, we get the PA 2A community to vote, and all else will correct in time.

Our system is designed to be entirely remade every 2 years.
    Our Governor and our Representatives can all be voted out by the People every 2 years.
    No amount of money can prevent a united and informed PA 2A voting block from making an impact in every election.

Our problem is not political lobbyist money, our problem is PA 2A voter apathy.
    Liberal Democrats are a problem, but their ability to destroy the 2A is only possible because the PA 2A community is derelict in its duty to protect the 2A.

Many people have worked very hard for years to protect the 2A in PA, and there is no denying their efforts and accomplishments.
    But now we are losing ground and we find ourselves in a new situation that requires a larger approach.

I have lived in PA on and off throughout my entire life, and I have been politically active for 30 years.
    In that time I have never seen the kind of statewide 2A political effort I am advocating.

Yesterday the traditional 2A efforts were enough, today they are not.
    We can continue losing ground or we can shift gears and try to fix the problem.

I would rather try and have the possibility of success, instead of not try and have the guarantee of failure.
    I am hopeful that many in the PA 2A community are willing to do the same.

No one is coming to save the 2A for us in PA.
    This is our time, and this whole situation has come down to us.

We have the people and we have the experience.
    We even have the money if we are willing to spend it.
    Lets just do what needs doing and get it done.
    Bern-
    -
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Just talk. Most people here don't even shoot guns more than once or twice a year.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

We definitely don't reload.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    LMAO

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Just talk. Most people here don't even shoot guns more than once or twice a year.
    Hey, I'm just saving my ammo for the real thing.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Northampton County)

LOL! Thanks for that fallenleader.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    too busy not reloading to be out shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevininPa View Post
    LOL! Thanks for that fallenleader.
    i got your back. no homo.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    There are enough gun owners in PA to make an effective 2A political lobby.
    All that is needed is some effort to bring the various 2A tribes together into a united 2A voting block.
    Banding the 2A tribes into a 2A voting block will also allow for participants to kick in $20 a year for political advertising if they choose to do so.

A sizable informed constituency doesn't even need the advertising money.
    No amount of media advertising is going to make an informed gun owner vote for people that want to abolish the 2A.
    We band the PA 2A tribes, we spread information throughout the PA 2A network, we get the PA 2A community to vote, and all else will correct in time.

Our system is designed to be entirely remade every 2 years.
    Our Governor and our Representatives can all be voted out by the People every 2 years.
    No amount of money can prevent a united and informed PA 2A voting block from making an impact in every election.

Our problem is not political lobbyist money, our problem is PA 2A voter apathy.
    Liberal Democrats are a problem, but their ability to destroy the 2A is only possible because the PA 2A community is derelict in its duty to protect the 2A.

Many people have worked very hard for years to protect the 2A in PA, and there is no denying their efforts and accomplishments.
    But now we are losing ground and we find ourselves in a new situation that requires a larger approach.

I have lived in PA on and off throughout my entire life, and I have been politically active for 30 years.
    In that time I have never seen the kind of statewide 2A political effort I am advocating.

Yesterday the traditional 2A efforts were enough, today they are not.
    We can continue losing ground or we can shift gears and try to fix the problem.

I would rather try and have the possibility of success, instead of not try and have the guarantee of failure.
    I am hopeful that many in the PA 2A community are willing to do the same.

No one is coming to save the 2A for us in PA.
    This is our time, and this whole situation has come down to us.

We have the people and we have the experience.
    We even have the money if we are willing to spend it.
    Lets just do what needs doing and get it done.
    Bern-
    -
    Awesome, that makes two of us!

Seriously though, well put and we're definitely on the same page. The reality is politicians are bought and sold. Again, there are 1.3 MILLION ltcf holders in this state. If we could get even 10% of them on the same page, and putting up $5/month, I think major moves could be made.

It's a great thing and a bad thing that the state is as free as it is, because for pretty much forever the only hindrances to ownership were at the federal level. Today though there are clear efforts being made by the grabbers to change that. We need to organize and fast.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

something minor you can do but is effective in my view is to pound your reps and state senators on their Facebook pages. It seems to me that they dislike constituents pushing back on their FB pages with facts and cogent responses. I use the constituent marker on FB so they know I'm not a troll from across the country. I don't call their supporters names or use immature memes. This takes away from the message. I don't expect to change the politicians minds. My goal is to reach an open minded supporter that has been brain washed by the mainstream media. I surveil their FB pages every day so when they post anything remotely anti 2A or anti freedom, I get on them.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast