Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    All the high post count folks have been here forever. ...and with such has earned a crapload of Rep Power.

Now, the folks with a high Rep Power, but low post counts - that is due to giving blow jobs out back.
    I for one will gladly give the rep back! I like you guys but no homo.

I'm sure Robert Kraft could hook you up though if you like.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Go to settings>edit profile> representation>click "yes"

Send Dan money.

There, you're somebody now.

Then go to the lounge and bitch about whatever thread middlefinger just started, and why the hell nancy in pa is selling a chainsaw sharpener, and sledge hammers.
    I thought I'm the only one tired of seeing all that random crap bumped daily for years lol same for the saramaru acct

(Centre County)

Handyandy,
    Don't DISS the FOAC and other local groups until you have really looked into them and what they are all about and what they have accomplished. You probably don't know that without the work of the FOAC, PA would not have a Castle Doctrine law now. It's good to be energetic about the 2A fight but these fights are not won in one battle, many small wins gets you the big win. Look at how the libs do things, very small victories, just keep eating away at what you want.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    So basically you’re saying you’re useless then?
    I don't see that written by me anywhere.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I thought I'm the only one tired of seeing all that random crap bumped daily for years lol same for the saramaru acct

I just wish I could find myself a tom turkey mount.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Handyandy,
    Don't DISS the FOAC and other local groups until you have really looked into them and what they are all about and what they have accomplished. You probably don't know that without the work of the FOAC, PA would not have a Castle Doctrine law now. It's good to be energetic about the 2A fight but these fights are not won in one battle, many small wins gets you the big win. Look at how the libs do things, very small victories, just keep eating away at what you want.
    You're right, I'm very uninformed of the past successful efforts of the FOAC. I do respect their efforts and obviously support their intentions. My only gripe was their kid glove approach they had for the Pittsburgh rally; if the opposition is going to come in loaded for bear, we should as well.
    As for the other local groups, I've had a hard time finding any! Google "PA gun rights groups" and look at what comes back. It's FOAC, poofa, and then national orgs.

The intention of this thread was not to insult or marginalize any individual or group effort to protect our rights. It began as an honest question and admittedly spiraled pretty far out pretty quickly. In my defense, I had more than one pour off the bourbon bottle last night But, a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts, and I am a bit shocked and disappointed by the lack of a truly galvanized effort in this state to protect our enumerated, natural rights. Coming from our neighbor to the east, Pennsylvania was this oasis of freedom in the northeast that no other state could match. Now after being here for some time, I have to say I get the feeling that a large majority of PA gun owners are complacent, thinking it'll never happen here, republican senate, state preemption, etc. That can all go away and quickly. Did my words rustle some feathers? Maybe, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Too many of us sitting back on our heels has left us exposed. I sincerely believe that they can, and will, strip our rights away if we do not take a strong stance against it.

Yes , the death by 1000 cuts scenario is very real, as is the opposite. I'm hopeful that SCOTUS may finally make some rulings in favor of the 2nd that limit the intensity of attacks by those opposed. Still, I feel like most (not all) 2A efforts are reactive rather than proactive. We need people working every day, all day, not only to protect but expand the recognition of our natural rights. Other groups have done it, we can too. The interpretation of the second amendment needs to be absolute and not open to discussion. Our state preemption laws need to be undeniable, infinitely. Silencers and sbrs need to come off the nfa list. I can have an ak or an ar in intermediate or "battle rifle" cartridge with a barrel <16", so long as I don't put a stock on it? Absurd. 1986 cutoff for automatics need to be abolished. You want your $200, fine. But pricing out the majority of the population due to falsely created "supply shortage" is bullshit.

The rtkba is not about hunting. It is about protection of the state of oneself, the state of the commonwealth, and the United States from threats both without and within.

So to those who may have been offended by my New Jerseyan attitude, the truth is I was born in Staten Island and it's just ingrained in my DNA. Hah
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Ahh new jersey. That explains it.
    the very mention makes me feel ill.
    i'll never go back, ever. to hell with it.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Staten Island explains it even better.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Centre County)

You said "My only gripe was their kid glove approach they had for the Pittsburgh rally". Again you need to read all the statements from the FOAC spokesman, Kim Stolfer, and find and read all the background on why FOAC took this approach. Again, read what happened and what the responses and thought processes were to come to this "kid glove" approach. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, there is a method to FOACs so called madness. Guess what, Kim Stolfer/FOAC is a very large thorn in the sides of all anti gun politicians in PA, not just in western PA. When there are televised or major radio (KDKA, WHP, etc.) round table discussions with anti gun politicians and other anti gun spokespeople, when Kim is invited, MANY find a reason to opt out of the discussion. Why? Because Kim knows the laws and has all the FACTS and he can easily refute their arguments and will make them look very bad and very misinformed.

The NRA does not fight in grass roots politics at the state level, they will help out (behind the scenes) but they use their resources to fight at the national level to preserve the 2A. Yes, their bump stocks approach was roundly booed by the membership, but they also have a method behind their "madness" and the ARE behind the scenes assisting with all the lawsuits that are currently being readied to fight the bump stock ban. Many people (in high places in the gun fights) believe that President Trump signed on to the bump stock ban to use as a tool to assist in getting other things down the road that the liberals don't want to happen (appease the right leaning Democrats and moderates and you get them on your side for future battles).

You're new to PA, take some time for find out what battles are being waged and by whom. Then decide who you want to assist or to fight against. Did you know there is a pretty good size group that is fighting universities all across the state that have "no guns on campus" rules? They are quietly fighting those and by staying under the radar of the leftist media, they can do some major damage to those "rules".

I'm always glad to see new members with a fire in their belly about gun rights like you are, you have seen the other side being from NJ so you know that you don't want PA going down that road. Jump in there and join a few .orgs and help up when you can.

Oh, and please don't disparage names of towns in PA, I spent 4 years in central NJ (McGuire AFB) and NJ has some odd named towns also, as do all the states in the US. The people who live in those towns are proud of their home towns.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    You said "My only gripe was their kid glove approach they had for the Pittsburgh rally". Again you need to read all the statements from the FOAC spokesman, Kim Stolfer, and find and read all the background on why FOAC took this approach. Again, read what happened and what the responses and thought processes were to come to this "kid glove" approach. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, there is a method to FOACs so called madness. Guess what, Kim Stolfer/FOAC is a very large thorn in the sides of all anti gun politicians in PA, not just in western PA. When there are televised or major radio (KDKA, WHP, etc.) round table discussions with anti gun politicians and other anti gun spokespeople, when Kim is invited, MANY find a reason to opt out of the discussion. Why? Because Kim knows the laws and has all the FACTS and he can easily refute their arguments and will make them look very bad and very misinformed.

The NRA does not fight in grass roots politics at the state level, they will help out (behind the scenes) but they use their resources to fight at the national level to preserve the 2A. Yes, their bump stocks approach was roundly booed by the membership, but they also have a method behind their "madness" and the ARE behind the scenes assisting with all the lawsuits that are currently being readied to fight the bump stock ban. Many people (in high places in the gun fights) believe that President Trump signed on to the bump stock ban to use as a tool to assist in getting other things down the road that the liberals don't want to happen (appease the right leaning Democrats and moderates and you get them on your side for future battles).

You're new to PA, take some time for find out what battles are being waged and by whom. Then decide who you want to assist or to fight against. Did you know there is a pretty good size group that is fighting universities all across the state that have "no guns on campus" rules? They are quietly fighting those and by staying under the radar of the leftist media, they can do some major damage to those "rules".

I'm always glad to see new members with a fire in their belly about gun rights like you are, you have seen the other side being from NJ so you know that you don't want PA going down that road. Jump in there and join a few .orgs and help up when you can.

Oh, and please don't disparage names of towns in PA, I spent 4 years in central NJ (McGuire AFB) and NJ has some odd named towns also, as do all the states in the US. The people who live in those towns are proud of their home towns.
    Trust me when I say I'm digesting what you're saying. I do what I can to keep informed of current affairs. I try to engage as many people on as many platforms as possible in support of ALL of our rights, and especially the 2A. It's a bizarre and scary time when the modern narrative treats what have been long-standing "natural, inalienable rights" as a privilege which can be taken away on a whim.

Let's let the jersey shore thing go. I think we can agree, even those who live there, it's kind of funny. I wasn't being disparaging, and I hope most here have a thicker skin than that. Again I was a little heated and a bit loosened up, just found it amusing in the moment.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast