Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Welcome to the PAFOA Handy.
    I read the entire thread and I have a few things to mention.

Being polite goes a long way to gaining cooperation and getting things done.
    I recognize your concern for the 2A and your sense of immediacy, but people generally don't respond well to being yelled at.
    So if you're sincere, and that has yet to be established, then take a polite tone and jump in to help us get things done.

As was already said, PAFOA has to remain a meeting place and cannot act as a political entity in its current form.
    We are free to organize and create offshoots and do whatever, as long as PAFOA itself remains legally detached.

There are many guys and gals here doing stuff to protect the 2A.
    JustinH just got done organizing an effective 2A demonstration with lots of PAFOA attendees, and I he plans to do more.

There is a big Harrisburg 2A rally once a year that many PAFOA people are involved with and many attend.
    The FOAC has people here and they let us know what they are doing and if they want help with their efforts.

There is a lot of 2A political stuff posted on the board whenever something is going on and 2A political action is needed.
    There are often posts for people to call, email, and write their Representatives to bring pressure on current 2A issues.

Political alerts from the FOAC, NRA, and GOA are usually posted here.
    We encourage all gun owners to join these 2A groups to remain informed and to be able to act on current 2A issues.
    We also encourage gun owners to join the many other 2A groups that are worth supporting.

The easiest way to keep up with the PAFOA threads is to click on 'Quick Links' and then click on 'Today's Posts' in the drop down menu.
    Be sure to subscribe to any threads that you want to receive updates for in your dashboard, and you can also have subscribed threads emailed to you.

We are all volunteers with no central paid 2A political lobbyist to tie us together and encourage consistency.
    We are a true grassroots organization in that regard.

I happen to agree with you that we need a paid Harrisburg 2A lobbyist to bring more consistency and effectiveness to our statewide 2A political efforts.
    This has been discussed and there are several PAFOA members that agree on this.

Generally speaking, PAFOA members have a healthy skepticism and are not eager to throw money at something without reasonable demonstration of its worth.
    This idea of a centralized paid 2A Harrisburg lobbyist is still in the early stages and has yet to prove itself to the PAFOA community.

I am in the process of organizing PAFOA volunteers to share a rotating 2A presence in Harrisburg throughout the annual 60 day legislative session.
    If you would like to lend your energy to that effort we would be happy to have you join us.

I was down on a medical that is just about resolved, and the PAFOA volunteer 2A presence in Harrisburg is about to get started in earnest.
    If we are able to demonstrate our worth, then it is very possible that this will lead to a PAFOA member supported professional 2A lobbyist in Harrisburg.
    Again, you are more than welcome to donate money to help make that happen.

You are welcome to send me a message anytime here: http://forum.pafoa.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=30334
    You can also start a thread anytime to present a plan to protect the 2A and to ask people to join you.

If you haven't already, please register to vote, and please vote in every election every year.
    2A voter guides are posted in PAFOA before every election.

Best of luck to you.
    Bern-
    Hey Bern,

Thanks for the thoughtful response. If anything I said came off as rude I apologize, it's not my intention I just have a tendency to get a bit crass when I'm fired up.

And I'm fired up because every day, locally and nationally, our rights are constantly under threat of revocation from a group of people who think they know what's best for me. The constant major media echo chamber propogates this message as soon as it leaves the politicians/activists mouth, and there is no one there to refute it on the same level. I recognize a need that's not being filled, and that's a genuine, no bullshit, possibly even impolite voice throwing the nonsense back in their faces. We need a legally and factually sound representation of our natural rights.

I know I'm new around here. I'm fairly new to the "gun culture" in general, having spent most of my life as a serf in the DPRNJ. The rtkba (and taxes) were the main driving force for getting me out of that shithole and I'll be damned to watch the commonwealth get over run by grabber type mentality.

The local groups that we have a a great tool. I was pretty disappointed to see the FOAC leadership buckling to the *potential* for a negative public opinion of OC at the pbrg rally, but in the end it went off without a hitch. I do appreciate their efforts and am glad we at least have one group, but again... 13 million people in this state... 1.3 million ltcf holders... We are not being adequately represented. MUCH smaller interest groups get far more attention on the local and national levels because they squeek louder.

I'm very much torn on the NRA. Their capitulation in the bump stock ban left a bad taste in my mouth, and the ease with which a foreign agent managed to work her way into the ranks is a bit unsettling. I do however realize that letting the NRA crumble would be about the worst thing the LAGOs could do right now. I like the message of the GOA but good lord did the one Pratt brother make an ass of himself on that HBO show. However, they do seem to be the most hard-line defenders of the 2A, and for that I support them.

I too am skeptical of damn near everything. I think you have to be these days to survive. I don't have a ton of cash to spare either, which is why I'd love to see a decent, trustworthy, uncompromising member of this group who has the time, the knowledge, and the passion make it their job to go get in the ears of our "Representatives" every damn day and make sure that they are REPRESENTING US. We're being drowned out by the white noise.

I'd love to learn more about the volunteer lobbying efforts, and I'll certainly get in touch. I do my part in the ballots, and I'm willing to give what I can to help. I'll be in touch.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    I want my damn hat.

All those freaking posts for a hat and the noob thinks we will gel in to a unified force for 2A rights in a heartbeat. We all have dreams.

And I dream of my fucking hat.
    Just a concerned citizen man. "United we stand, divided we fall.". These words ring true. If other, much smaller/fringe-ier groups can prompt national attention and action in their support, there's no reason we can't. Unless we're too complacent, too happy with what we've got to realize it can disappear.

Also very much looking forward to the hat.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    All the high post count folks have been here forever. ...and with such has earned a crapload of Rep Power.

Now, the folks with a high Rep Power, but low post counts - that is due to giving blow jobs out back.
    we all know if you post nonsense in the lounge you keep the post count low ans the rep high, thats how i got where i am [20 bucks is 20 bucks... ]
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Justin ordering hats.

i could do it, no problem. i'm like the pussy [cat] whisperer.

aren't the green rep chicklets mint flavored? can i have orange instead? red are terrible but orange are the best.
    Last edited by fallenleader; February 22nd, 2019 at 07:57 AM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

1911's are ugly, and 9mm is a better round than .45.
    F#@$ you sideways, twice...

Obligatory to avoid ban hammer

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    So, offshoot? FOKS (Firearm Owners of the Keystone State?) There has to be a way to mobilize this group of people. I know we're all salty sovereign-libertarian types, but if we don't organize with purpose we will be defeated.
    Andy. .. you know the deal with PAFOA already.. FOAC and Open Carry PA are both very active in PA.. ask them what you can do..

Yes some feelings got hurt by asking for people to leave their scary black guns home for the Pittsburgh rally.. but none of these groups are professionals and most are run by volunteers like yourself.

I think another new Pro 2nd Amendment group would just further distract.. why not join forces with FOAC or GOA or Open Carry PA and build a following in your part of the state?

See you in Harrisburg on 6 May (Monday)
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Gun owners in Roman times.

(Berks County)

Justin ordering hats.

Cool, cat in the hat was the best book I've ever read..

Well, what the fuck? Here we are, an amassed group of like minded individuals with at least one vested interest.. Why are we not using this as a vehicle?
    You must be new here.

This thread is insulting.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

1911's are ugly, and 9mm is a better round than .45.
    But .40 is king .....haha

(Berks County)

Yup, I'm a young(ER), passionate, as-yet*disaffected n00b who still believes we have a chance to protect our rights while we still have them. I came to PA, from the DRNJ, specifically for 2A freedoms and I'll be damned to watch them disappear. Give me something to believe in and I'll give it everything I've got.
    Ahh new jersey. That explains it.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast