Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 231
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I consider it enough of a win that she didn't smother me to death with a pillow while I was sleeping.
    rofl. scalia treatment.
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils. John Stark

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,095
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Handyandy, how 'bout you, do you *do* anything here Or just talk? We're under siege here and I haven't seen or heard of your participation in the war. Who are your reps over there?
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    LMT, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    3620405

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Handyandy, how 'bout you, do you *do* anything here Or just talk? We're under siege here and I haven't seen or heard of your participation in the war. Who are your reps over there?
    Hey WH, nice of you to pop in. My reps are Perry Warren and Steve Santisero, both pretty firmly entrenched antis. Obviously I don't vote for them but certainty anything I have to say would fall on deaf ears. Federal rep is Brian Fitzpatrick, another waste of time masquerading as a Republican but pandering to the LCD.

    I've joined the GOA, SAF, and more recently FOAC, and have been putting money into their campaigns when I feel strongly about them.

    I'm currently trying to find a way to the 2A Day rally, I can't take my company vehicle and my wife will need our car to get to work. Want to come pick me up? I'll happily chip in on gas (or grass, but no ass.)
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,095
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    Hey WH, nice of you to pop in. My reps are Perry Warren and Steve Santisero, both pretty firmly entrenched antis. Obviously I don't vote for them but certainty anything I have to say would fall on deaf ears. Federal rep is Brian Fitzpatrick, another waste of time masquerading as a Republican but pandering to the LCD.

    I've joined the GOA, SAF, and more recently FOAC, and have been putting money into their campaigns when I feel strongly about them.

    I'm currently trying to find a way to the 2A Day rally, I can't take my company vehicle and my wife will need our car to get to work. Want to come pick me up? I'll happily chip in on gas (or grass, but no ass.)
    You're the other direction from me but if you get here I'll tote you along. We're doing the full boat, before party, rally and after party, a good time will surely be had by all. I'm deep in anti country but still ride 'em like a Burny Sanders Depend, I
    know they hate me and I even have them editing their fakebook posts after I ream 'em out. Sit quietly and eat their garbage or give 'em hell and hope for help like I do, your choice.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    LMT, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    3620405

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You're the other direction from me but if you get here I'll tote you along. We're doing the full boat, before party, rally and after party, a good time will surely be had by all. I'm deep in anti country but still ride 'em like a Burny Sanders Depend, I
    know they hate me and I even have them editing their fakebook posts after I ream 'em out. Sit quietly and eat their garbage or give 'em hell and hope for help like I do, your choice.
    I appreciate the offer, that saves me about half the trip which is better than nothing. I'll run it by the boss. What time is the bus taking off?

    To the original point, I've been doing what I can when I can. Work has been pretty brutal lately, and we just had a death in that family that shook things up for a while. Still all about fighting the good fight, but time and money are luxury items right now and I don't have much of either.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Handyandy

    I don't think the power of "just talking" should ever be understated. Not everything has to be large political gestures. I read earlier in this thread the idea of death by a thousand cuts. There is no reason we cannot do that on our side.

    My approach is this. I donate where and when I can, but I don't make that much. My greatest contribution is talking. Not on these forumns, not in other 2A echo chambers, but in enemy territory. I prefer to talk to as many anti's as are willing to listen to me.

    In the short time that I've been really pushing and focusing on being a pro 2A activist(1.5 years), I've gotten several people on the pro gun side, even when they disagree with me politically on every other issue.

    I took a vehomately anti-gun socialist coworker of mine and brought him on our side, so much so that he is regularely sending me videos of new and old firearms that he digs. He has even sent letters to politicians and to the AG and DA in our favor.

    Most of my family leans left. My mom regularely carries now and is strongly pro 2A. My grandmother is researching and saving money for her first carry gun.

    You say that "imagine if we can unite even 10% of all 1.3 million LTCF owners". I say, why not make it 2 million? 3 million? Instead of trying to always fight the enemy, maybe convert them. Imagine if every LTCF owner could convert 2-3 people to our side. The impact would be immence. The more people we have on our side, the more votes we have. Not everyone can be won, but many can.

    Some food for thought.

    "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting" - Sun Tzu

    "Hence a wise general makes a point of foraging on the enemy. One cartload of the enemy’s provisions is equivalent to twenty of one's own, and likewise a single picul of his provender is equivalent to twenty from one’s own store." - Sun Tzu

    "Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" - Abraham Lincoln

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    LMT, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    3620405

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsperea View Post
    Handyandy

    I don't think the power of "just talking" should ever be understated. Not everything has to be large political gestures. I read earlier in this thread the idea of death by a thousand cuts. There is no reason we cannot do that on our side.

    My approach is this. I donate where and when I can, but I don't make that much. My greatest contribution is talking. Not on these forumns, not in other 2A echo chambers, but in enemy territory. I prefer to talk to as many anti's as are willing to listen to me.

    In the short time that I've been really pushing and focusing on being a pro 2A activist(1.5 years), I've gotten several people on the pro gun side, even when they disagree with me politically on every other issue.

    I took a vehomately anti-gun socialist coworker of mine and brought him on our side, so much so that he is regularely sending me videos of new and old firearms that he digs. He has even sent letters to politicians and to the AG and DA in our favor.

    Most of my family leans left. My mom regularely carries now and is strongly pro 2A. My grandmother is researching and saving money for her first carry gun.

    You say that "imagine if we can unite even 10% of all 1.3 million LTCF owners". I say, why not make it 2 million? 3 million? Instead of trying to always fight the enemy, maybe convert them. Imagine if every LTCF owner could convert 2-3 people to our side. The impact would be immence. The more people we have on our side, the more votes we have. Not everyone can be won, but many can.

    Some food for thought.

    "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting" - Sun Tzu

    "Hence a wise general makes a point of foraging on the enemy. One cartload of the enemy’s provisions is equivalent to twenty of one's own, and likewise a single picul of his provender is equivalent to twenty from one’s own store." - Sun Tzu

    "Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" - Abraham Lincoln
    Jsperea - Well said and well received. Of course talking, and reaching out to both friends and foes of the 2A is extremely important, and yes, getting some range time in with people who don't know, don't understand, or have some unfounded fear of firearms is one of the best things anyone can do to turn people to the supporting side. I've got a bag full of range badges for friends and family members, many of whom had never shot before, a few who've maybe had some time with a 22, but none who ever held an AR, AK, pistol, or any semi-auto at all. Bringing more people into the fold is extremely important.

    Differences of opinion, religious, cultural, social values etc should really be a rallying point for the 2a community. The fact that it is a NATURAL Right, (ie not a privilege granted by govt) for all men and women is paramount. People need to keep that message clear and concise. Democrat, Republican, independent, liberal, conservative, gay, straight, white, black, brown, yellow, red... We all possess this right of man to defend ourselves and our country from those who intend to do harm to either.

    The original intent of this thread was really just a question, maybe posed provocatively, to see if this particular community had an official arm that actively engages and influences our politicians. Evidently due to rules of the charter, that's not allowed. It spiraled out for a bit, but was informative and eye opening for me. I still stand by the fact that we should be doing more as a united group to get our voices heard... The number of gun owners both in PA and nationally, vs the number of members in pro-2a groups and actively participating in events is a pitiful ratio. Even the mighty NRA has a measly 5 million members (and falling) out of over 100 million gun owners. If a considerable fraction of that 100m donated, say 25 (cost of a single 223 round) a day, the potential impact would be massive. We need to put political differences aside and embrace groups who we might not see eye to eye with on everything, as long as we agree on one thing: all gun laws are infringements, the 2a is not about hunting, we are all the militia, and the Declaration spells it out pretty damn clear.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,095
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    I appreciate the offer, that saves me about half the trip which is better than nothing. I'll run it by the boss. What time is the bus taking off?

    To the original point, I've been doing what I can when I can. Work has been pretty brutal lately, and we just had a death in that family that shook things up for a while. Still all about fighting the good fight, but time and money are luxury items right now and I don't have much of either.
    Bus leaves here at 0630 but I do not know the hour of return, I expect late afternoon/early evening. We all can only do what our lives permit but it is reaching the point where this fight rivals day to day life in importance. The gun grabbers are gaining more ground on us every day and to wait until we have lost the war will be waiting too long. If you don't get in the ears of your reps and present some opposition they will run roughshod all over us. I can tell you that I have at least one who is watching what she posts a little more due to my rebuttals. Apply light pressure, keep it on and when they slip let 'em have it, we all make mistakes and they will too.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    LMT, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    3620405

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Bus leaves here at 0630 but I do not know the hour of return, I expect late afternoon/early evening. We all can only do what our lives permit but it is reaching the point where this fight rivals day to day life in importance. The gun grabbers are gaining more ground on us every day and to wait until we have lost the war will be waiting too long. If you don't get in the ears of your reps and present some opposition they will run roughshod all over us. I can tell you that I have at least one who is watching what she posts a little more due to my rebuttals. Apply light pressure, keep it on and when they slip let 'em have it, we all make mistakes and they will too.
    Oof, 515 out the door doesn't sound like a day off; maybe I'll pay the boss his 57 cents a mile and taken the freaking van hah.

    There is, obviously, the 4th box, which some people like to talk about too much and others not at all. If we get there, I guess the mortgage won't matter so much anymore.

    I hear you though. I've recently taken a page out of your playbook and cruised the fb pages of my legislators, but they're pretty keen on keeping their grabber ideologies in the shadows. I do make a point to call on any pending legislation, I just got a response from Toomey today (strong support for 2a, hunting, self defense, sport--funny how they always leave out the part about overthrowing tyrranical rulers) and will be calling to support the strengthening of preemption, knowing it will fall on deaf ears.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,095
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    Oof, 515 out the door doesn't sound like a day off; maybe I'll pay the boss his 57 cents a mile and taken the freaking van hah.

    There is, obviously, the 4th box, which some people like to talk about too much and others not at all. If we get there, I guess the mortgage won't matter so much anymore.

    I hear you though. I've recently taken a page out of your playbook and cruised the fb pages of my legislators, but they're pretty keen on keeping their grabber ideologies in the shadows. I do make a point to call on any pending legislation, I just got a response from Toomey today (strong support for 2a, hunting, self defense, sport--funny how they always leave out the part about overthrowing tyrranical rulers) and will be calling to support the strengthening of preemption, knowing it will fall on deaf ears.
    Follow them or 'like' their pages and you'll see everything they post and you can ride 'em like a dirty Burny Sanders Depends. Then there's always a nitwit who will add their senseless garbage in their defense but one logical smackdown usually sends them packing.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Let's Talk About SBR's
    By Walleye Hunter in forum Rifles
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 8th, 2018, 10:43 AM
  2. PSL: Talk me into, or out of it!
    By Asmodeus6 in forum General
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: November 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
  3. I WAnt To Talk About Something!
    By Willtallica in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: June 21st, 2009, 09:07 PM
  4. Talk me out of my first AR!
    By offshorebear in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: July 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops