Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Do we *do* anything here? Or just talk?

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    To call FOAC a fudd organization just proves you simply are clueless! How many years have you been doing this? How much communication have you done with legislators? How many times have you heard from the very people that are making the laws that they don't want to be associated with people carrying long guns? People come to their conclusions based on their life experiences and the name calling needs to STOP. Many people you are calling fudds give more of their time in a month than most will in a lifetime...
    QFT IMHO.

(Lycoming County)

In a perfect world you would be correct. We don't have that luxury. I was at the Pittsburgh rally and have real problems with some things that I saw. There were people not showing responsible gun ownership. I could get into it but don't want to start a shit show....
    Why not? You've never failed to air your opinions before.

I was there too and didn't see much in the way of overt dangerous behavior. I thought it was a pretty successful event even if it pissed off your org.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Why not? You've never failed to air your opinions before.

I was there too and didn't see much in the way of overt dangerous behavior. I thought it was a pretty successful event even if it pissed off your org.
    Rifles slung on the back pointing down with a full mag and sweeping peoples legs every time the person turns or moves was my biggest problem. What ever happened to not pointing a gun at anything you don't want to destroy?

(Lycoming County)

Rifles slung on the back pointing down with a full mag and sweeping peoples legs every time the person turns or moves was my biggest problem. What ever happened to not pointing a gun at anything you don't want to destroy?
    Oh FFS. well my rifle wasn't chambered if that makes you feel better when I crossed paths with you. I can't speak for anyone else, but people carrying rifles have to point the muzzle somewhere and down is probably the best option in a crowd. How worried were you about everyone's EDC pointing down at your feet or God forbid someone had a shoulder holster. Hell, they might have it pointed straight at your head if they were on the steps in front.

If you have a better option for slinging a rifle I'd love to hear it, but I'm guessing "don't carry rifles" is going to be your only one.

(Washington County)

Thankfully no one was killed.

Give me a break. You saw what you needed to see to justify your organization's misinformation campaign. FOAC tried to sabotage the rally because they could not be in control of it. That didn't work, and now you want to characterize it as unsafe, which is total bullshit.

I was also there, and all I saw was a lot of responsible people who care enough about the second amendment to take time off from work to show up and exercise their rights and to let the mayor know that he can cram it.

As far as I know, no one was injured or arrested, and even the media couldnt find anything negative to say about it.

(Bucks County)

That whole mentality is concessionary. We've given enough. I don't care what the lawmakers passing the laws think, if they're worried about optics then I don't want their representation.
    If law abiding Pennsylvanian gun owners want to carry a rifle, there is nothing illegal about them doing so. Supporting anything other than their rights under the federal and state constitution is supporting infringement, and capitulation to the other side over "feelings".
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

The problem with the term “responsible gun ownership” is everyone seems to have their own definition ranging from banning semi autos to the safe open carrying of full autos on the dashboard of their truck.

Someone is always going to be offended or looked down upon in the end. I sling a semi auto MSR type rifle on my front side with the muzzle down because that’s how I was taught by professionals. It keeps the rifle in my control and vision at all times and because that is how I feel it should be done.

I’m sure someone from Cease Fire PA is appalled by that as well as a few members of various pro gun orgs too.

Ohh well!
    Can’t please everyone all the time.

I bet there were a lot of AR’s with the safety off which looks bad to those who don’t know Jack shit. but I guarantee it’s because the hammer was down on an empty chamber.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 10th, 2019 at 11:04 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

If that's the worst that happened with 600 random gun owners showing up in public, that's a win. The rifles were slung, and they hopefully had the safeties engaged and/or empty chambers, so that's 1000 times better than the goofballs at Chipotle carrying at low ready.

(Berks County)

Looks like I was really out of the loop in this discussion. Too late to rescind my last post.

To call FOAC a fudd organization just proves you simply are clueless! How many years have you been doing this? How much communication have you done with legislators? How many times have you heard from the very people that are making the laws that they don't want to be associated with people carrying long guns? People come to their conclusions based on their life experiences and the name calling needs to STOP. Many people you are calling fudds give more of their time in a month than most will in a lifetime...

FOAC and Kim Stolfer are owed a lot of thanks for what they've done to fight gun grabbers in this state.

I agree that it would be better if we could stop our own infighting.

That said, to the bolded, FYI to FOAC and said legislators, myself and others will be open carrying long guns at the 5/6 rally, outside of course.

Now, can I expect disparaging remarks to be made about us at the FOAC meeting like was done after the Pittsburgh rally? Or an email blast quoting a post I made on this site? Or another nasty voicemail?

I'd prefer that we all get along.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast