Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

I'm landing on neutral on this. I never have, and probably never would have, bought a Benchmade. This event will have no affect on any future decisions in that regard.

People here like to deride those of us that are critical of Trump for not seeing the bigger picture, call us childish, etc, so I'm trying to see the bigger picture of the environment that they operate in and the fight for their side of the 2A.

The right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean just guns.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I'm landing on neutral on this. I never have, and probably never would have, bought a Benchmade. This event will have no affect on any future decisions in that regard.

People here like to deride those of us that are critical of Trump for not seeing the bigger picture, call us childish, etc, so I'm trying to see the bigger picture of the environment that they operate in and the fight for their side of the 2A.

The right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean just guns.

Exactly! Which is why it is so tone deaf of Benchmade to not understand how hypocritical destroying the guns was. Would you be neutral if Bill DeBlasio took a similar bunch of firearms over to Kimber's manufacturing plant for destruction?

Gun manufacturers destroy parts and components regularly. But that's just part of manufacturing. What they don't do is take large amounts of "bad" guns and destroy them because they are bad. It sends the wrong message. Since Benchmade's product also constitutes "arms" as it pertains to the rtkba, are they exempt from an expectation to support that right simply because they don't make firearms? No.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

I had a Benchmade years ago....but it is gone and I will not buy another... I have a SOG and a Kershaw that I currently use...might buy a Zero Tolerance next.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Exactly! Which is why it is so tone deaf of Benchmade to not understand how hypocritical destroying the guns was. Would you be neutral if Bill DeBlasio took a similar bunch of firearms over to Kimber's manufacturing plant for destruction?

Gun manufacturers destroy parts and components regularly. But that's just part of manufacturing. What they don't do is take large amounts of "bad" guns and destroy them because they are bad. It sends the wrong message. Since Benchmade's product also constitutes "arms" as it pertains to the rtkba, are they exempt from an expectation to support that right simply because they don't make firearms? No.
    They didn't destroy guns in some anti gun move. They destroyed guns that were ordered destroyed by the court. The police they helped have a policy of returning firearms as much as possible.

This is a nothing burger, imo.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    They didn't destroy guns in some anti gun move. They destroyed guns that were ordered destroyed by the court. The police they helped have a policy of returning firearms as much as possible.

This is a nothing burger, imo.
    Not to many pro gun judges out there, mostly anti especially in Oregon.

(Lancaster County)

It's less about the guns and more about the donations , woke a lot of people up I find I'm checking a lot of the places I purchase from now (something that I should have considered more prior to this) . In reality I'd say it's a good thing. It's hopefully going to drive more money to companies that support our cause than those who actively work to sabotage it. I understand that the concept is for some that they need to "pay to play" but in reality they should consider going to a state that they don't need to or that supports said companies beliefs.

At the end of the day it could (no guarantee though) mean we as a firearm and 2A community will start focusing putting our money to companies that will help our cause rather than hurt it.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    It's less about the guns and more about the donations , woke a lot of people up I find I'm checking a lot of the places I purchase from now (something that I should have considered more prior to this) . In reality I'd say it's a good thing. It's hopefully going to drive more money to companies that support our cause than those who actively work to sabotage it. I understand that the concept is for some that they need to "pay to play" but in reality they should consider going to a state that they don't need to or that supports said companies beliefs.

At the end of the day it could (no guarantee though) mean we as a firearm and 2A community will start focusing putting our money to companies that will help our cause rather than hurt it.
    Exactly. For me this is about the donations. There is no excuse for supporting an anti-gun politician in any way. Just because a politician supports knife rights does not excuse their actions against gun rights. Benchmade is tone deaf, and hopefully will be soon broke. My business will be going elsewhere from now on.

Same goes for EOTech and Surefire.

I was planning on hesitantly giving EOTech another shot after hearing positive reviews of their new optics. It took a while for me to even consider giving them another dime after the fraud charges and reticle fade problems they had. I recently had an older EOTech optic fail and they refused to repair it without a fee, or replace it even though they had been offering full refunds for these optics for years. I was pretty pissed about how they were handling it but I almost went through with the bench repair fee to have it rebuilt. But just yesterday I saw their donation bull crap and said F them. They aren't getting another dime from me either.

This is why I buy all my knives and firearm accessories from Chinese manufacturers only.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Exactly. For me this is about the donations. There is no excuse for supporting an anti-gun politician in any way. Just because a politician supports knife rights does not excuse their actions against gun rights. Benchmade is tone deaf, and hopefully will be soon broke. My business will be going elsewhere from now on.

Same goes for EOTech and Surefire.

I was planning on hesitantly giving EOTech another shot after hearing positive reviews of their new optics. It took a while for me to even consider giving them another dime after the fraud charges and reticle fade problems they had. I recently had an older EOTech optic fail and they refused to repair it without a fee, or replace it even though they had been offering full refunds for these optics for years. I was pretty pissed about how they were handling it but I almost went through with the bench repair fee to have it rebuilt. But just yesterday I saw their donation bull crap and said F them. They aren't getting another dime from me either.
    Now I'm glad I went with the Sig Sauer optics instead of the EOTech...
    "If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    This is why I buy all my knives and firearm accessories from Chinese manufacturers only.
    I see what you did there I usually stick with T.O.P.S for my fixed blades I stay away from Chinese steel in general now a days.
    My folders are going to be an issue I don't trust any of the frame lock styles or the cross locks. They can fail during use the axis
    system is hands down the best and it actually gets better as the knife wears in. So until I find another US knife maker that has a solid
    locking system I guess I'm stuck, the only solace is I already own a couple Benchmade knives and they tend to last. So there's that.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast