Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Centre County)

Exclamation Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

After being a SpyderCo knife guy for years, I ponied up and bought a Benchmade knife for daily carry. Good knife, edge retention was great, the G10 grips wore down quickly. Overall I was happy.... Until Oregon PD thanked Benchmade on FB for cutting up some guns. OPD then quickly nuked the post, posted a “don’t hate BM” retraction, but the damage was done. I can’t post pics of the FB post, so I’ll link to ARF below....

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...e--/5-2196139/

I know there are reasons to destroy a gun. Maybe it was used in a crime and the owner is now a felon, so it can’t be returned. I’m sure there are other reasons. The worst/best thing is exposing Benchmade’s political donations. Mostly Oregon anti-2A pricks. Definitely won’t be going back to Benchmade in the future....
    Last edited by FLICK; February 21st, 2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Grammar
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

Maybe they figure once guns are banned, people will have to buy their knives? Dunno. Don't own one and never will now. Fuck 'em, primarily over their chosen candidates.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

Well, that's unfortunate.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Maybe they figure once guns are banned, people will have to buy their knives? Dunno. Don't own one and never will now. Fuck 'em, primarily over their chosen candidates.
    Or once the previous CEO left, some lunny Oregon lefty was put in charge.

I'll stick with my Spydercos.

(Lancaster County)

Their official comment today was they just were helping the PD but no comment on the donations made.

They dun goofed.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

That pisses me off since I just bought a knife from them at the outdoor show. I just sent them an email.

Hello,

I am not sure what happened with your company. Maybe someone lost their marbles or something, however after seeing your donations to a party that does not support my rights, the constitution, or most american values including defending themselves I will not longer be buying your products. I will also be taking task with the NRA to make sure you will not attend next years outdoor show. You pretty much screwed everyone in that building that regrettably bought your product.

Thanks for being a bunch of idiots. If you decide to fire the person that decided to do this, please let me know so I can come out and throw a party when they are walked off the property.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

(Chester County)

The political donations are a far far worse offense in my book. I own a bunch of Benchmades, not gonna destroy them or stop using them. But when its time will certainly consider other brand now.

(Armstrong County)

Wow...sooo many of their products out there in "our" hands.

In the same aspect but a different product and brand, I have a few items that i will not destroy, I cant return them or sell them. End users are a small group and know the history and will not buy them either.
    So I will keep and use them because they are pretty awesome, but I will not buy anymore products. Night vision bump helmets and accessories.
    If anyone wants to look it up check out Team Wendy (Team Hillary as they are now known lol)
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Philadelphia County)

Benchmade issued a long explanation on their Instagram page and people are letting them have it with their replies.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Wellll, $#!%.

I have carried a Benchmade 530 for over 15 years and love it, particularly the lock. It's gonna be hard switching to something else if this one ever fails.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast