Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Have their armorer cut the guns. The only guns police should destroy are ones with defaced serial numbers or those that are in violation of the nfa. I had a shotgun stolen but they dropped it in my yard and the police recovered it and held as evidence until they felt like destroying it. There was no reason they couldnt have pulled prints off it and returned it.

It almost never works that way and is typically done by a 3rd party either cut or melted down with a whiteness and a receipt once the firearm or item is cleared for destruction. It's not as cut and dry as one wants to think again I've seen old what a dpt had to go though just to destroy a couple boxes of AP incendiary ammo and there was no way for me to get it from the Armor who is my family member or for him to destroy it himself. It was ordered to be destroyed after sitting on a shelf in evidence for more then 20 years by the police, again there needs to be a whiteness and a receipt of destruction.

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

Boy this is a complicated one.

*I don't own a Benchmade. Sounds like they are probably above my price point.

I don't know if I can give them the same disdain I have for Springfield Armory or Rock River.

How is Benchmade different than Trump donating to democrats in NY just because he was a business man trying to survive? It's not like they have been caught negotiating legislation to keep them exempt and screwing everybody else in the industry(of that state).

I'll hold off for now boycotting a company I can't afford anyway
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

I don't know if I can give them the same disdain I have for Springfield Armory or Rock River.

How is Benchmade different than Trump donating to democrats in NY just because he was a business man trying to survive? It's not like they have been caught negotiating legislation to keep them exempt and screwing everybody else in the industry(of that state).

It’s not like they are X-products who’s guilty of this and worse while being in the damn firearms accessory manufacturing business. They have only been outed two or three times in the course of a few years for separate offenses. Hell the owners (one of them) wife donates directly to anti gun orgs or as he likes to call them “sensible gun regulation” groups. Of course that’s her own money even though she doesn’t work or didn’t at that time and he makes his $$ selling firearm killing accessories.

Plenty of morons on YouTube still shooting soda cans out of their newly purchased cannons and overpaying for their shitty drum magazines.

Thank god for Magpul.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 22nd, 2019 at 09:45 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

They didn't just donate to local politicians to grease the wheels, they donated to out of state politicians too.

All while claiming to not support politicians, political parties, or individuals.

Read the arfcom thread linked in OP, all the donation records are linked.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I had a shotgun stolen but they dropped it in my yard and the police recovered it and held as evidence until they felt like destroying it. There was no reason they couldnt have pulled prints off it and returned it.
    Wow. Talk about adding insult to injury. What the police did was worse than the thief! At least the thief had the courtesy to leave it somewhere you could have picked it up. All stolen property should be returned to the rightful owner, even if defaced. Marking variances should be allowed as needed. I would be furious if a criminal's action with my property subjected it to destruction. Ridiculous.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Blair County)

they gave money to the anti-gun dems . so who cares if they helped the police .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH6ajIHNRpM

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Maybe they figure once guns are banned, people will have to buy their knives?.
    They must be stupid if this is the case. Because knives (especially benchmade kind) are always outlawed, when guns are. Look at UK or soviet Russia or any other gun controlled country. No pointy tip, certain lengh maximum (think victorinox blade length), no folding etc.
    Je suis déplorable

(Philadelphia County)

I'm guessing there will be call for the boycott of Surefire due their donations to California democrat politicians....namely, Rep Loretta Sanchez.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I'm guessing there will be call for the boycott of Surefire due their donations to California democrat politicians....namely, Rep Loretta Sanchez.
    Don’t own a Benchmade and probably would have never regardless of this news, but if we are going to go down the rabbit hole of anti 2A politician supporters then you might as well be prepared to give a lot up including vehicles, clothing and food you like along with a million other little things.

We all know the world isn't black and white and corporations have to operate in a competitive environment and sometimes that means having to grease some shitty wheels. We all know it's not right but it's life regardless if your a screaming liberal or a hard core right wing conservative to believe any different is to be willfully naive.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    From what I know it's on it's way

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast