Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yes and a lot of local PD’s are going to take them somewhere to have it done. I’ve seen them jump through hoops just because they had to destroy old Brit .303 AP Incendiary ammo that unfortunately couldn’t be given to me. It all depends on the department and their protocols.

And to be fair I did say “yet” in my original statement. If possible I do like hearing both sides of the story.
    Locals are saying the PD has used the local recycler in the past. Torch the guns under supervision, then right on the scrap pile.

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Locals are saying the PD has used the local recycler in the past. Torch the guns under supervision, then right on the scrap pile.
    Sounds like someone in the PD might have a friend who works at Benchmade and decided to drop in for a visit and a photo shoot.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sounds like someone in the PD might have a friend who works at Benchmade and decided to drop in for a visit and a photo shoot.
    Don't many PD's have them melted down??
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    Probably. Benchmade probably used the steel to make their knives.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    Have to destroy the gun first, or see the actual gun go into the actual furnace.

Easier to torch the receiver, then the scrap can be sent anywhere.

(Allegheny County)

And doing more reading, destroying guns meant for disposal is one thing.

What most people are pissed about is Benchmade actively advertises that they don't give money to politicians and that they stay out of politics.

Well, technically correct is the best kind of correct.

Benchmade has never given money to politicians, but the owner, his wife, and a couple other people have given Benchmade money to politicians - all anti-2a democrats.

This isn't going to be pretty for them.

(Chester County)

This is why I never buy or own a Ruger firearm. Their founder and CEO was as anti gun as they come. He supported and encouraged the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and gave to the Clinton's. Total douche then total douche now. I'll never own a Ruger anything.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Clinton County)

Yea! That dead guy is TOTALLY a douche!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This is why I never buy or own a Ruger firearm. Their founder and CEO was as anti gun as they come. He supported and encouraged the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and gave to the Clinton's. Total douche then total douche now. I'll never own a Ruger anything.
    I can certainly see your point, and am somewhat in the same boat with Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms after the crap they pulled in Illinois. That said, Bill Ruger is dead. The Ruger of today is not Bill Ruger's company of yesteryear. They have actively jumped into the fray and are offering AR-15 variants as well as a nice array of other "tactical" hardware that all take standard capacity mags and the sentiment regarding magazine capacity restrictions died with Bill.

My boycott of Springfield and RRA will continue until the owners and decision makers of those companies are no longer associated with the company. I would maybe encourage you to consider doing the same for Ruger now that BRSr. is no longer at the helm.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Yea! That dead guy is TOTALLY a douche!
    LOL!
    ...found this on Instagram.
    20190221_164222.jpg
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast