Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

No more Benchmades for me. Lots of great knives out there. I will spend my money elsewhere!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Benchmade Knife Co Screws Pooch; Interesting Political Donations...;

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    No more Benchmades for me. Lots of great knives out there. I will spend my money elsewhere!
    Wait for the next gun show....every other table has knives.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

so, that's where the butterfly tax was going to. IMHO benchmade has always been overpriced & overrated.

Being a cheap bastard pays off since I only use CRKT folding knives. I typically loose them but they have never let me down and their customer service and lifetime support are top notch.

As far as destroying the firearms for the cops I’m going to go out on a limb and say they were just helping the local PD out with a task that had to be done since they have the tooling.

The political donations I can’t say, don’t know either of the candidates they donated to or ther positions. Could be the owners sister for all I know. Doesn’t seem like anything to go off all western about yet but after all it is the Internet.

Wonder how many of the same people loosing their shit all over the net over this been eyeing up that new SA XD 10mm coming in at $385.00?
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 21st, 2019 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Wonder how many of the same people loosing their shit all over the net over this been eyeing up that new SA XD 10mm coming in at $385.00?
    Say what? Where?

(Berks County)

Being a cheap bastard pays off since I only use CRKT folding knives. I typically loose them but they have never let me down and their customer service and lifetime support are top notch.

As far as destroying the firearms for the cops I’m going to go out on a limb and say they were just helping the local PD out with a task that had to be done since they have the tooling.

The political donations I can’t say, don’t know either of the candidates they donated to or ther positions. Could be the owners sister for all I know. Doesn’t seem like anything to go off all western about yet but after all it is the Internet.

You don't need "tooling" to destroy a firearm, you need a grinder, maybe a cutting wheel. And I'm not speaking for anyone else, but there's no SA products in my apartment and won't be ever again. I'm not harboring some kind of crazed anger for either of these two, but both of them have done things that I consider a deal breaker. And if you look at the thread, the owner and his wife are both listed as donors.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Berks County)

You don't need "tooling" to destroy a firearm, you need a grinder, maybe a cutting wheel. And I'm not speaking for anyone else, but there's no SA products in my apartment and won't be ever again. I'm not harboring some kind of crazed anger for either of these two, but both of them have done things that I consider a deal breaker. And if you look at the thread, the owner and his wife are both listed as donors.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    Yes and a lot of local PD’s are going to take them somewhere to have it done. I’ve seen them jump through hoops just because they had to destroy old Brit .303 AP Incendiary ammo that unfortunately couldn’t be given to me. It all depends on the department and their protocols.

And to be fair I did say “yet” in my original statement. If possible I do like hearing both sides of the story.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    If your going to do a job you should have the tools to do so the Oregon PD can afford a Chopsaw and a grinder there's no "specialty tools" required to destroy metal. On the flip side I own a couple Benchmade folders love the axis lock , it's by far the best folding knife lock out there. I disagree with them doing this I really don't like the donations , they will really not like me no longer purchasing Benchmade products. I'm not getting rid of the ones I have they are good knives all I can hope is that when they go bankrupt they sell off the patent to the axis lock system and another reputable manufacturer in the US makes the same quality knives.

(Bucks County)

I need some screws for my (original) Camillus Heat.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast