Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Supreme Court signals interest in New Jersey concealed carry challenge

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/02/20..._medium=ale_NA

The nation’s high court on Tuesday took a step to show they aim to weigh the merits of a challenge to New Jersey’s strict “may issue” concealed carry laws.The U.S. Supreme Court this week asked New Jersey officials to respond to a petition filed by a state resident allied with gun rights advocates. The case, that of Thomas Rogers and the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs, had been turned away by the state’s own supreme court, setting the stage for the current appeal to the federal bench.“While the move is not a guarantee that the Supreme Court will agree to hear the appeal, the fact that the court is requiring NJ to take a position on ANJRPC’s request is significant, and signals that the court is not willing to take any action without first hearing from both sides,” said the pro-gun organization in a statement.
    Can't wait to see New Jersey's response.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Supreme Court signals interest in New Jersey concealed carry challenge

Well that might just suck real bad for gun control supporters, all across the US.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Supreme Court signals interest in New Jersey concealed carry challenge

Quote Originally Posted by jtwalker View Post
    Well that might just suck real bad for gun control supporters, all across the US.
    Right? You mean, they have to respect the "and bear" part of the 2A? Craziness.

But voting for Trump was a waste and people should stay home in 2020 so that _____________ can win.

I understand people not being completely happy with Trump, there are things he’s done that I am not happy with. But there are no perfect candidates.

But this is why many of us voted for Trump. To give the Supreme Court candidates who understand the meaning of and respect the 2nd. Now they are showing a willingness to hear 2nd amendment cases and if properly argued, there is a good chance the decisions will go in favor of the 2nd

If Hillary won, she would have replaced Scalia, Ginsburg.... and possibly Kennedy. The court might still be hearing this case, but the chance of the 2nd winning would be greatly diminished.

I bring this up often because there are 2nd amendment supporters I know who talk about sitting out the next election because they don’t like Trump. He banned bump stocks (ticks me off also) use to be for gun restrictions etc.... so they would rather let an avowed anti win than support Trump.

And that type of thinking can still kill the 2nd. The next president will at the very least replace Ginsburg. Trump replacing her will give the 2nd a stronger majority on the Court. Plus you never know what might happen. Everyone assumes Gorsuch will be on the courts for a while. But you never know when a disease might occur, a car accident, choke on a piece of steak etc..... It can happen and if it does while a anti president is in power..... with a majority democratic Senate the courts can still easily swing the other way.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but this is why I voted for Trump. This is why I will vote for him again in 2020. And I hope anti Trump supporters of the 2nd remember this and vote for him in 2020.

(Chester County)

I'm guessing that most victims are outside of the home. Do these lawyers argue that, should the citizens be unarmed and condemned to suffer or die by an attacker outside of the home and forced to be satisfied that the police will some day make an arrest? Do the states have a right to prohibit and deny out of state citizens of the USA the right of self-preservation?
    Last edited by ideaman; February 20th, 2019 at 12:14 PM.

(Perry County)

Roberts continues to worry me. He's definitely taking over the roll of the swing vote that Kennedy held. It would put me more at ease to see Ginsburg's replacement seated.

As to Trump's picks, they're huge. And any 2A supporter that would ignore that because of bump stocks is clueless. Long after Trump and the bump stock foolishness, these justices will be deciding the fate of gun rights in this country.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Chester County)

I don't understand why the Supreme Court has allowed most States, and Cities gun control laws to stand. Let's start with New York City's Sullivan Act passed in 1911 to keep newer immigrants from being able to legally carry guns. Italians, Irish, Germans, Polish, etc.

(Indiana County)

Perhaps back in 1911 the Supreme Court viewed the Sullivan Act as a state issue, not a federal issue.

Anyway, here's the New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc. filing: https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...20Petition.pdf

And here's the Amicus brief filed by 23 of the 50 (or 57) states: https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/f..._23_States.pdf

(Susquehanna County)

lets hope they hear the case and vote in favor of the 2nd Amendment..

What other constitutional right is controlled/prohibited by local laws ?

Places like Maryland and California have all but banned the 2nd amendment and now are violating the 4th and 1st
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

Waves are starting to be made, thats for sure.

I think I would honestly be ok with legal carry even if the mag limit ban remained. (both are headed to scotus afaik)
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast