Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Welding Extra Material On Mossberg 930 Lifter?

I kind of hate how the 930 tends to eat my thumb if I don't bend it when loading the magazine so I'd like to have someone weld it and remove the cutout. Southern Kentucky offers this but they also seem to have a lot of bad reviews. There's a C-Rums fellow out of Missouri who does it as well and his feedback is much better. Does anyone know of any other options? I'll probably order a new lifter from Mossberg and send that one to C Rums so my gun isn't out of action for a few weeks.

http://www.c-rums.com/Carriers.html

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Welding Extra Material On Mossberg 930 Lifter?

C rums is top notch and a lot of three gun guys have theirs done there. I had mine done on my 930 locally. Word is mossberg doesn’t like to sell spare lifters so just an fyi. It does make a huge difference though and having it done right is critical.

Can't speak to C Rums, but stay away from Southern Kentucky Tactical. I ordered an extended lifter from them a couple of years ago. Took months to ship even though it showed as in stock on their site. And once I did get the ship notification, it still didn't actually ship for a week. The guy that owns the place is a student. He does nice work, but he's terrible at meeting deadlines.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    C rums is top notch and a lot of three gun guys have theirs done there. I had mine done on my 930 locally. Word is mossberg doesn’t like to sell spare lifters so just an fyi. It does make a huge difference though and having it done right is critical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Can't speak to C Rums, but stay away from Southern Kentucky Tactical. I ordered an extended lifter from them a couple of years ago. Took months to ship even though it showed as in stock on their site. And once I did get the ship notification, it still didn't actually ship for a week. The guy that owns the place is a student. He does nice work, but he's terrible at meeting deadlines.
    Thanks, guys. That's what I'm hearing from others about SKT as well. Mossberg must have updated their position on selling random parts because their 930 schematic has prices and links to buy for every part I looked at. Probably with the exception of a new receiver, it seems like you can get whatever from them. $25 for the lifter and $50 to have the work done by C-Rums ... I still think it's worth it though.