Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (McKean County)

Default Re: Guns seized by Harrisburg police

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    It would certainly be interesting to know the reason for the seizures....
    Oh, you know, No-knock home invasions, red flag reports, stop-n-frisk, traffic stops, serial numbers missing from incomplete SP database, and loaf-of-bread swaps.

.... and if those that were actually illegally possessed resulted in criminal convictions.
    Cops "buying" guns - oops, I mean "taking possession" without a legal transfer has not been an issue from THEIR side, so, no, they won't be prosecuted. *wink*
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Susquehanna County)

FJRMarty: It is interesting that you say that. Here's a short section from AGO report issued in Set. 2018:
    September 2018
    LAW ENFORCEMENT
    Few Individuals Denied Firearms Purchases Are Prosecuted and ATF Should Assess Use of Warning Notices in Lieu of Prosecutions
    What GAO Found
    Investigations and prosecutions. Federal and selected state law enforcement agencies that process firearm-related background checks through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) collectively investigate and prosecute a small percentage of individuals who falsify information on a firearms form (e.g., do not disclose a felony conviction) and are denied a purchase. Federal NICS checks resulted in about 112,000 denied transactions in fiscal year 2017, of which the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) referred about 12,700 to its field divisions for further investigation. U.S. Attorney’s Offices (USAO) had prosecuted 12 of these cases as of June 2018.
    Table: Federal National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Firearms Denial Cases Investigated and Prosecuted, Fiscal Year 2017
    Federal NICS Transactions Denials ATF Field Division Investigations United States Attorney’s Offices Prosecutions
    8,606,286 112,090 12,710 12
    Source: GAO Analysis of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and FBI data. | GAO-18-440
    At the state level, officials from 10 of 13 selected states said they did not investigate or prosecute firearm denials, some citing competing resource demands and the lack of statutes with which states prosecute as reasons. The remaining 3 states investigated a high proportion of firearms denials. One of the 3 states reported about 1,900 referrals for prosecution in 2017 and about 470 convictions.

You might want to search for and read this report. Pennsylvania was one of the states studied.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Montgomery County)

I'm by no means a criminal, but I've always thought the top-break, eject on opening type revolver to be almost ideal. Just add moonclips to the and it would be. I'd love to have a Schofield!
    I use the equivalent of a "solid moon clip" in my Webleys that have been cut for 0.45 ACP. 6 rounds of 0.455 just drop in and out on a disc. Dave_n

(Indiana County)

Not a single Hi-Point (carbine or pistol) in the entire bunch.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    They just get tossed in the Susquehanna after the crime , no point in keeping them
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    A top break pistol will kill you just as dead as Glock fully semi automatic machine gun assault rifle pistol. It's all a matter of who has that firearm in their hands. Some people can go their entire life and not think of ever killing another person and others think nothing of killing another person.
    Absolutely. People always talk about the low quality stuff they see criminals using. A bullet doesn't care if it comes out of a top break wheelgun, a Hi Point, or a custom 1911. And your body won't either. And as for that 22 AR, that mag can put a bunch of rounds out towards you. Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady and several others didn't think it was only a 22.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Now that you mention it it is pretty odd that the lowest quality stuff there (aside from some of the revolvers) is SCCY, Taurus, and Bersa

(Centre County)

I wonder how much time the “owners” received.........
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    I wonder how much time the “owners” received.........
    It all about the money. Pay up sucker we got your gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123