Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Active Shooter , Chicago ?

What particularly annoyed me was that around 1:30 as I watched this on Fox, they listed "ALL" of the mass shootings that have occurred in the last few years and moaned about how this is FAR FAR too many. The implication being, I presume, that we need some kind of magic laws to stop this. I don't expect a supposedly conservative station like Fox to opine on the need for more gun control and I will not be watching them so much anymore. By the way, they didn't spend much time discussing how the police/government screwed up by seizing his CCW and firearms permit, but didn't bother to grab his gun while they were at it. Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit from the victims, I would think. So much for the efficacy of red flag laws!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Yep! Felony conviction in 1995. Bought SW 40 caliber in 2014. Five days later filed for CCW, that's when they found the conviction. Yet the police never took the gun and not arrested. AND ANOTHER GOV. SCREW UP!
    thats because they plan for this shit to go down makes everything look bad to the uneducated....and there a shit ton of uneducated when it comes to firearms.

(Blair County)

what about a foil card thing did he not need one to buy a gun ?

(Susquehanna County)

Yep! Felony conviction in 1995. Bought SW 40 caliber in 2014. Five days later filed for CCW, that's when they found the conviction. Yet the police never took the gun and not arrested. AND ANOTHER GOV. SCREW UP!
    Here's some information I was able to pick up elsewhere: "He was able to buy the Smith and Wesson .40-caliber handgun he used in the attack because an initial background check didn't catch that he had a prior felony conviction in Mississippi, the chief said. Martin was issued a firearm owner's identification card in January of 2014 after he passed the initial background check and he bought the gun that March 11." Additionally he has been arrested about 6 times for other offenses including domestic battery. So why in hell idn't subsequent history checks turn up the felony conviction? Why in hell wasn't he prosecuted for the domestic battery beef (disabling under federal law)? Why in hell wasn't his FOID rescinded and his gun confiscated?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Chester County)

They would prefer that mass murderers use bombs, fire, chemicals, gas or large heavy equipment for their mass killings like they do in Europe, the middleast and other parts of the world they never mention. It's all denial, deceit and delusion and blame the NRA because they have no other argument because of their inability to think critically.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Here's some information I was able to pick up elsewhere: "He was able to buy the Smith and Wesson .40-caliber handgun he used in the attack because an initial background check didn't catch that he had a prior felony conviction in Mississippi, the chief said. Martin was issued a firearm owner's identification card in January of 2014 after he passed the initial background check and he bought the gun that March 11." Additionally he has been arrested about 6 times for other offenses including domestic battery. So why in hell idn't subsequent history checks turn up the felony conviction? Why in hell wasn't he prosecuted for the domestic battery beef (disabling under federal law)? Why in hell wasn't his FOID rescinded and his gun confiscated?
    There just weren't enough laws to cover this situation.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

PickingPA Guest

Crazy, evil, emotional, radical, irrational, Muslim, angry, intoxicated, drugged or otherwise mentally unstable people have been killing innocents, 3 or more at a time, for many many years before modern firearms. When the people listed above decide to kill, they don’t need a gun to do so. Their killing sprees will not be averted due to the unavailability of an evil device that goes BANG!

They will continue to kill regardless of gun registration, AWBs, bump stocks, magazine limits, ammo taxes, waiting periods or cow farts.

And sometimes “normal” people just freaking snap. Again, the unavailability of a gun does not end a spontaneous psychotic rage.

And other times, the laws that are in place, and should have prevented an incident, do not....because the system screws up. And THESE incidents, and subsequent body counts, are piling up very quickly!

But like typical liberals and lawmakers in general, their response will be to make more laws, not blame those who dropped the ball when current laws could have / would have worked.

I’m just waiting for one of the Democratic 2020 hopefuls to issue a statement that AR-15’s must be banned because this country cannot tolerate another incident like what happened in Illinois yesterday. On and on about how assault rifles are only made for killing!!!! Think of the kids!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Why in hell wasn't his FOID rescinded and his gun confiscated?
    The police chief stated his FOID was rescinded. I heard on another broadcast that HE WAS SENT A LETTER TO TURN IN FIREARM.

Also, the 21 year old intern who was killed was on his first day of employment.

(Bucks County)

Betcha that letter wasn't stern enough!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Erie County)

Yep. They need more gun laws.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast