Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What to do about growing RINO poplulatin-local decisions affect all sttates

Our decisions here in Florida will now have a direct impact equally on all 50 states including Pennsylvania. Recently the news has been playin over and over the fact that it is the anniversary of the Stoneman Douglas school shooting. Over 60 gun control bills are in out state house and senate to increase restrictions on firearms. A referendum to ban high capacity magazines is being drafted. The politicians seek no real solution to school shooting like requiring schools to notify the police when they have a person who displays mental illness and violent threats.

Since the shooting Rick Scott our RINO governor has been elected to the US Senate. He ran against incumbent Bill Nelson an avid gun control proponent of so called common sense gun control which of course is nothing less than a plan to take your guns. The problem is Rick Scott is a RINO. He is no less anti gun than Nelson. He raised the age to purchase rifles and shotguns to 21 and signed into law a retroactive bump stock ban with no compensation to owners. This was before the US regulation. Now he is Senator Rick Scott and he will be coming for your guns whether you live in FL or PA or anywhere else. We also have Congressman Brian Mast, a veteran who lost both legs in service to his country. He too is against rifles like the AR15 and supports gun control He won re-election.

I guess my question is what steps can we do to see that only candidates who support gun rights are elected? It appears we are losing the battle. Local and state elections may have consequences that spread throughout the country. Many of you enjoy a Florida Non Resident CCW. Those days may be limited. Our new Democrat Agriculture Director is a rabid anti gun person who will most likely do what she has to do to restrict carry in the Sunshine state. She is in charge of the agency who issues Florida CCW. So whether it is a Democrat or a RINO we will all suffer. Does anyone have any solutions?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: What to do about growing RINO poplulatin-local decisions affect all sttates

Just move.

Or so I hear.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Chester County)

Default Re: What to do about growing RINO poplulatin-local decisions affect all sttates

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Just move.

Or so I hear.
    If I lived in Retardland, (New Jersey) yes I'd move. The fact that you accept that should make you take a look in the mirror. FL is nowhere near where NJ is, and probably never will be.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    If I lived in Retardland, (New Jersey) yes I'd move. The fact that you accept that should make you take a look in the mirror. FL is nowhere near where NJ is, and probably never will be.
    Give it time.

There was a time when PA was a strong hold too.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Give it time.

There was a time when PA was a strong hold too.
    Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. Does that make you feel better about your circumstance?

(Lancaster County)

Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. Does that make you feel better about your circumstance?
    Not at all, I wish more folks would recognize the spread of this shit versus being complacent.

(Chester County)

I think the reality of the situation is we're losing support throughout the country - not just in certain states. As mentioned previously, PA used to have very strong 2nd support. Not so much now, and getting weaker each election. I couldn't believe how many anti's won this last go round. It seems the idiots are out-numbering us slowly but surely. There is a culture change on the way and it ain't good!

I am of the reluctant opinion for a number of reasons that gun rights in many states are in a slow decline, and even with strong efforts on our part to mobilize voters, its just a case of too little, too late. Not that we should ever stop trying, because to do otherwise is suicide. But I am not optimistic about our chances. All those that rather smugly say to move out (of NJ, MA, etc etc) may be right for now, but should realize that they are only one shooting or election away from similar draconian laws in their own state.

The solution? Keep working for election of more avid 2nd supporters, of course. Support GOA, NRA, etc of course. But maybe also start thinking practically about how to continue to function and stay safe in a non-permissive environment. Thoughts?

(Chester County)

Thoughts? The suburbs are exploding with growth. The people moving to them, or already living in them are mostly Democrats. They are driving the politics in our state, and many others. Urbanites, and suburbanites are now Democrats. That's where the critical mass of the population is located.

(Bucks County)

When people experience horrid acts, people look for an answer that appears appropriate and preventive. In Europe natural disasters were blamed on witches who were burned at the stake. In New England, witches were identified and crushed to death. Some of this was thought to be prevention, some was punishment. It didn't matter to the witch.

Fast forward to present. When people experience horrid acts, people look for an answer that appears appropriate and preventive. People who have no interest in guns will go about their business while useless laws that affect innocent gun owners are enacted. People who abhor guns will support anything that will "do something about them".

That leaves people who enjoy guns for perfectly healthy reasons. Figure the size of the groups, times time, and do the math. It's a long-range wear-down process leading to a predictable, inevitable ending.

The enemy is at our gates, just as much an emergency as our southern border. No. They are within us. Just as those who have crossed our southern border.

Where is the politician strongly enunciating, "I will not stand for anything that punishes or disrupts legal, innocent, law-abiding citizens who have never and will never use their gun illegally or recklessly"?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Thoughts? The suburbs are exploding with growth. The people moving to them, or already living in them are mostly Democrats. They are driving the politics in our state, and many others. Urbanites, and suburbanites are now Democrats. That's where the critical mass of the population is located.
    This is why the movement against the electoral college. It is our last bastion.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast