Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto prepared to take city gun bills to Supreme Court

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I’m going with the opposite. I think that if it goes to Pa’s Supreme Court, they will rule in favor of preemption.
    How could it be done any other way? I'm speaking with reason and facts, hope a bit, but the hope shouldn't be needed given our preemption laws.

It all comes down to those preemption laws. If they aren't applied, it's an obvious violation of law.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto prepared to take city gun bills to Supreme Court

Tried to leave a comment but it was deleted. I hope the FBI doesn't send me another email after I just got done cleaning out the last one. Freedom of speech is only for those that agree with what the communists are saying.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

There were 3 separate posts by a Jennifer on there - guess those arent you ? (Re mass murders)

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by QueechoFeecho View Post
    How could it be done any other way? I'm speaking with reason and facts, hope a bit, but the hope shouldn't be needed given our preemption laws.

It all comes down to those preemption laws. If they aren't applied, it's an obvious violation of law.
    Because Democrat.

Lying leftist jerks appoint their own to the courts and we wind up with garbage
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Berks County)

It appears as though Peduto et al have gone silent on this...for now. When is the next council meeting when this could come up for a vote? Are they trying to let the embers cool a bit in hopes that they can pass it at a relatively quiet council meeting?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It appears as though Peduto et al have gone silent on this...for now. When is the next council meeting when this could come up for a vote? Are they trying to let the embers cool a bit in hopes that they can pass it at a relatively quiet council meeting?
    Darn good question. Anyone knowledgeable about Pittsburgh Council procedure? The ordinances have been introduced. There has been a public hearing. I suppose, it they wanted to adopt them as written, they could just do it at any regular council meeting. Does the agenda for a regular meeting have to specify consideration of the ordinances for final adoption or can they just move to a vote on them as "old business" without a specific agenda item?

If amendments are going to be introduced, can that be done in one session with or without specific notice in an agenda, and then finally adopted at the same meeting?

I'm watching their agendas, so far nothing for March.

https://pittsburgh.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Wait until there's a shooting somewhere - anywhere.
    You will hear all about it when the mayor jumos in front of a microphone to remind everyone that he has a duty to "do something".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Wait until there's a shooting somewhere - anywhere.
    You will hear all about it when the mayor jumos in front of a microphone to remind everyone that he has a duty to "do something".
    This could very well be the case. The mayor and city council are probably just waiting for the next crackpot mass shooter to cause public outrage, and that's when they'll probably put it up for a vote.

(Erie County)

It's only a matter of time in pa since they have the scop.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast