Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto prepared to take city gun bills to Supreme Court

Screw the Pa court, take it before the U.S. supreme court.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto prepared to take city gun bills to Supreme Court

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I just see this all heading to power politics. Just listening to Strassburger, O'Connor and Krauss shows what we are up against. There was not fact that any of them would acknowledge or even debate. The evidence is clear but that just does not matter. O'Connor and Krauss simply insulted everyone on the panel (including the County Commissioner) declaring them to be part of the problem, accusing them of spewing uncorroborated facts (a direct slander of John Lott) and then scolding the audience and Walt Gibson. The hatred runs deep in these three, you could see in their faces. Reason and argument have nothing to do with it. Power and submission to it is the game.

The PA Supreme Court is a crapshoot. In a sane world, past precedent would make this a slam dunk. Now, in the Courts, it is the same power politics. Reason, logic, law, Constitutions, do not matter -- just arithmetic.

My point is, if the have the votes they are going to dictate. In Pittsburgh, in Harrisburg and in Washington DC.
    We the audience was scolded (I just might have been 1 of 2) (-: i took a few pics and Klint was filming some of his speech no big deal He is a foolish man He cried intimidation ! I was taking pics of everyone - no one was singled out
    IMG_5386.jpgIMG_5393.jpg
    Last edited by Just1more; February 15th, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Not trying to offend anyone, but there are times when some people on the forum often take a negative view on everything assuming the worst before things happen. I have been guilty of this myself. But I have not seen anything from the Pa Supreme Court that would suggest that they would rule against preemption.

In the one case I can think of where they could have gone against the 2nd they did not. Dillon vs. Erie.

Ironically when it was still controlled by Republicans, the court had an anti 2nd ruling with Hobson McKown in 2013.

Could things go wrong...... yes but sometimes justices who get elected do follow the law even if they don’t politically agree with the law. Until there is evidence otherwise I not losing sleep over it.
    To be clear, was the court Democratic 5 to 2 in Dillon vs Erie? I don't know so I'm asking. I'll see if I can find the court make up via Google.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    To be clear, was the court Democratic 5 to 2 in Dillon vs Erie? I don't know so I'm asking. I'll see if I can find the court make up via Google.
    Honestly I am not sure. I could not find it anywhere. I also think I got my dates mixed up. I thought the Erie court case was 2016 or 17. Looking at it on line it looks like it was 2014. (Really does not seem that long ago)

I believe that the court went democratic in 2015 which means that it was a Republican court not Democratic that ruled against preemption. My mistake.

I still don’t think they would necessarily rule in favor of Pittsburgh when the law and precedent is clear, but the logic I was using earlier may be based on erroneous information and premise.

Honestly I am not sure. I could not find it anywhere. I also think I got my dates mixed up. I thought the Erie court case was 2016 or 17. Looking at it on line it looks like it was 2014. (Really does not seem that long ago)

I believe that the court went democratic in 2015 which means that it was a Republican court not Democratic that ruled against preemption. My mistake.

I still don’t think they would necessarily rule in favor of Pittsburgh when the law and precedent is clear, but the logic I was using earlier may be based on erroneous information and premise.

Yeah that's what I'm finding on that case. Looks like it didn't go to Supreme Court as well.

I do agree that they would have no justification for going against the law and precedent. I'm nervous, though, because of the way they're so openly defiant. It almost feels like Peduto, Wolf, and that Supreme Court are in cahoots. Hope I'm wrong.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    This has been the plan all along. Undoubtedly plotted with Bloomberg and others. They'll try to overturn preemption
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the Dem State SC justices are already in on it as well.
    I agree. They're likely already on the payroll. They wouldn't be acting so bold unless they knew the fix was already in. Precedent might be on our side but as they say money talks ole Bloomberg has piles of it.

(Chester County)

Not trying to offend anyone, but there are times when some people on the forum often take a negative view on everything assuming the worst before things happen. I have been guilty of this myself. But I have not seen anything from the Pa Supreme Court that would suggest that they would rule against preemption.

In the one case I can think of where they could have gone against the 2nd they did not. Dillon vs. Erie.

Ironically when it was still controlled by Republicans, the court had an anti 2nd ruling with Hobson McKown in 2013.

Could things go wrong...... yes but sometimes justices who get elected do follow the law even if they don’t politically agree with the law. Until there is evidence otherwise I not losing sleep over it.
    No offense taken, and I am guilty of assuming the worst at times.
    I have a really bad feeling about this though. I hope you are right and the rule of law prevails.

ETA: honest question: In any of those cases did 2/5 of Dems on the court vote in favor of preemption? I have no sense for what the precedent means in this case. We've got three new lefty judges on the court now that to my knowledge have not ruled on any big 2a issues before.
    Last edited by ar15_shooter; February 15th, 2019 at 12:34 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Because so many feel that the ends justifies the means. It doesn't matter if he commits a crime, if it saves the life of just one child, then it's justified. Nevermind the trampling of rights.
    Then we should use the same lame argument as they do back in their faces - having a gun and using it in defense is justified if it can help save the life of just one child . (-:

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Yes, the citizens of Pittsburgh are brain dead.

More like brainwashed. Years of "Republicans are for the rich, Democrats are for us union Joes" has gotten us to the point where a Democrat politician can break the law and get nothing but disinterested yawns form this voter base.

A Dem mayor could make a daily habit of kicking puppies in the middle of the street and his voters would say "at least he's not an evil Republican".

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Then we should use the same lame argument as they do back in their faces - having a gun and using it in defense is justified if it can help save the life of just one child . (-:
    I dog his fakebook posts with that line. Since it's OK for him it should be fine for the citizens.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast